Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

609 "starting up" and "all ch"

2 posters

Go down

609 "starting up" and "all ch" Empty 609 "starting up" and "all ch"

Post  mickfriz Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:56 pm

let me begin by stating that my experience is very little, as well as knowledge of current technology.

I got the 609 a few weeks ago. I hooked up a cable box, wii, vhs/dvd player, and streaming WD Media player. I have all those hooked into the 609. cable box and WD player (PC in) are coming in on HDMI in the back

HDMI out to tv sends signal (audio and visual) to the tv. I can view files from the WD on my Tv and play music.

Initial setup was fine, although very basic. I only have 2 front speakers. Things worked ok until mid last week when we tried to listen to somemusic from the WD player. We would sometimes get a message "starting up" and sometimes get a "all ch stereo". when these come on, the TV is simply a black screen.

tonight, I could not watch TV as the signal was not getting to the TV.

i have read some forums and have not tried much except checking the HDMI and unplugging. The HDMI out was moved back to the cable box and it worked fine. unplugging did nothing.

help . suggestions?

mickfriz

Back to top Go down

609 "starting up" and "all ch" Empty Re: 609 "starting up" and "all ch"

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi mickfriz,

I'd like for you to try turning off the RIHD(HDMI control). To do this simply press the setup button => Hardware setup => HDMI, in here just set the HDMI control to "OFF". If this does not work then try a full reset of the unit. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum