Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't get Panasonic Blu-Ray to work with NR709

2 posters

Go down

Can't get Panasonic Blu-Ray to work with NR709 Empty Can't get Panasonic Blu-Ray to work with NR709

Post  jdouglasj Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:28 am

I have connected my Panasonic Blu-ray to my NR709 using only the HDMI cable as per the instruction manual, and then I connect using another HMDI cable from my NR709 to my TV. But nothing works. Advice?

jdouglasj

Back to top Go down

Can't get Panasonic Blu-Ray to work with NR709 Empty Re: Can't get Panasonic Blu-Ray to work with NR709

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi jdouglasj,

How long is your HDMI cable from the rear of the receiver to the TV? Also what is the highest resolution that your TV can handle?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Can't get Panasonic Blu-Ray to work with NR709 Empty Re: Can't get Panasonic Blu-Ray to work with NR709

Post  jdouglasj Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:33 pm

It's a 2 meter HDMI cable. I don't know the resolution of the TV. It's a 2 year old Samsung HD flatscreen TV. Before yesterday it was hooked up to my TV via the HDMI cable just as it is now, and hooked up to my old DS787 receiver via an optical cable. With that set up it worked fine. Now it is hooked up to my new NR709 as recommended in the manual and it does not work.

jdouglasj

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi jdouglasj,

Okay, let's set the resolution of the receiver to 1080i and see if we get a picture. Simply go to setup => input/output assign => Monitor out and change the resoltution to 1080i.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jdouglasj Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:14 pm

I just spend an hour on the phone with tech support at the dealer who sold me the receiver. He was very helpful and we worked through two major things that weren't working and we eventually got to the bottom of it. FYI, the issue had nothing to do with resolution. But anyway, problem solved.

jdouglasj

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi jdouglasj,
We are glad you were able to resolve the issue. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down