Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

second set of powered speakers

2 posters

Go down

second set of powered speakers Empty second set of powered speakers

Post  rawsax Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:17 pm

I have an ONKYO TX-NR3007 reciever. I have hooked up the speakers. I also have a pair of "Bose L1" powered speakers for use as stereo front speakers. I would like to be able to hear the speakers I have hooked up as well as the Bose speakers. My inputs are not analog inputs. They are HDMI inputs. Therefore Zone-2 or 3 will not work? Speaker set B cannot play at the same time as speaker set A so this is not an option? What about using the Pre-Amp outs? What other suggestions do you have? Am I missing a step?
--Mahalo

rawsax

Back to top Go down

second set of powered speakers Empty Re: second set of powered speakers

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:18 am

Hi Mahalo,
Zone 2 and Zone 3 are analog connection only. Even when using an amp it is still an analog connection. You can find all the information on multiple zones starting on page 130 of your owners manual. If you do not have an owner's manual please view our blog post on how to download one: http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/owner%e2%80%99s-manuals/
Thank you for choosing Onkyo!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

second set of powered speakers Empty second set of powered speakers

Post  rawsax Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:47 am

I'm sorry, This does not answer my question. I already read the manual where it said that Zone 2 and Zone 3 are analog connection only. It just seems a little silly. I don't even know anybody that owns analog equipment. Even my Record Player is digital.
My sales person assured me that I would be able to set up a second set of powered speakers to work along side the Front L/R already being used. There is a set of Front High-Wide L/R Pre Outs but I get nothing out of them. That would be where I thought I could find the optimum solution. If I can't use those, can I use the Front L/R outs next to those?
(see...Page 13, Front & Rear Panels—Continued)
A PRE OUT: FRONT L/R, CENTER, SURR L/R, SURR BACK L/R, and FRONT HIGH/WIDE L/R
These multichannel analog audio outputs can be
connected to the analog audio input on a multichannel
power amplifier for when you want to use the
AV receiver solely as a preamplifier.

They seem to work but I get a 60Hz hum, even with an isolator (very quiet, but still there) and on the Bose L1s, my amp warning LED glows between a Green (OK) and a Yellow (not so good) color. Am I damaging my Bose? What is the solution?
I still want to run my Bose L1s in the entertainment room.

Hi Mahalo,
Zone 2 and Zone 3 are analog connection only. Even when using an amp it is still an analog connection. You can find all the information on multiple zones starting on page 130 of your owners manual. Thank you for choosing Onkyo! .

rawsax

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:16 pm

I have an someone looking into this for you and will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:28 am

Unfortunately, there is no way around the zone2 analog connections. Even if you used what was described you will be taking away from the design of the receiver and its surround sound capabilities. Thank you for contacting Product Support and for choosing Onkyo!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down