Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Receiver TX-SR 805 locked and scrolling through all listening modes in a loop

2 posters

Go down

Receiver TX-SR 805 locked and scrolling through all listening modes in a loop Empty Receiver TX-SR 805 locked and scrolling through all listening modes in a loop

Post  Betolavenere Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:01 pm

I own a TX-SR805 Onkyo receiver that I bought from Amazon.com a couple of years ago. It has functioned perfectly to this day when I turned it on and it started making clicking noises and scrolling through all the listening modes in a continuous loop. I tried switching to another source and realized that all the controls were locked, I pressed almost every button available on the receiver unit and on the remote control and nothing worked. I couldn't even turn the volume up or turn off the unit pressing on the power button. It got stuck on the vcr source where I have a blu-ray connected to a HDMI input and although I can get the video signal to the TV the volume is very low (stuck at 70db and I can't turn it up on the unit's dial or or on the remote control) and the receiver keeps displaying all the sound modes available, from pure audio to the THX and DSP modes. I also tried unplugging the unit from the AC outlet waiting 10 seconds and plugging it again but the problem persisted. I was even unable to reset the receiver by pressing the vcr and the power keys together because the keys simply don't respond. I would like to know if there is anything I could attempt on my own to unlock the receiver or, in the case that it must be serviced, where could I find an authorized service center in Brazil. I live in MaceiĆ³, capital of the state of Alagoas, on the northeast coast of Brazil close to the city of RECIFE. I would really appreciate if you could inform the service center which is closest to where I live. Thank you.

Betolavenere

Back to top Go down

Receiver TX-SR 805 locked and scrolling through all listening modes in a loop Empty Re: Receiver TX-SR 805 locked and scrolling through all listening modes in a loop

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Please reply back to onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com with the following information:

Name:
Serial Number:
Date of Purchase:
Dealer of Purchase:
Possession of original/ copy sales receipt for this receiver:

As US models are covered for repair in US Onkyo authorized service facilities; if purchased from a US Onkyo authorized dealer- This Warranty is valid two years from date of purchase and is valid only within the continental United States of America. To be covered by this warranty the Onkyo product concerned must have been purchased directly from Onkyo or an Onkyo Authorized Dealer and the person seeking warranty service must reside within the continental United States of America. This warranty extends only to the original purchaser and cannot be transferred to anyone.

Your Onkyo unit is eligible for servicing- but you will need to make shipping arrangements to have the Onkyo equipment shipped to a valid U.S. address. We will then send a shipping box and prepaid label to the valid U.S. address to have the Onkyo unit serviced for warranty repair. Upon completion of repair; the service center will ship the repaired product back to that U.S. address and it will be your responsibility to have the unit shipped from that address to your current location. Onkyo warranty is voided when you are using the product outside the continental U.S.- you will be responsible for shipping the unit to the U.S and out of the U.S. as well.

If purchased from a authorized dealer in Brazil; please contact the following service center for further assistance:

DISAC COMMERCIAL LTD
RUA JOAO DE SOUZA DIAS, 603
SAO PAULO, BR 01397-852
Tel: 55-11-3811-7274

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down