Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huge problems with Onkyo Remote v 1.40

3 posters

Go down

Huge problems with Onkyo Remote v 1.40 Empty Huge problems with Onkyo Remote v 1.40

Post  osi22 Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:10 am

Dear Support,

since I've installed the new version of Onkyo Remote (1.40) on my Smartphone (SE Xperia Mini with ICS 4.04), I cannot use continuously the remote feature. Most of the time it hangs, or it just dosen't reply on any commands: cannot power on or off the device, cannot switch between the sources or cannot search within the dlna, as it alwas tries to connect but nothing happens after that. Here a screenshot for better understanding:
Huge problems with Onkyo Remote v 1.40 Screen10
What I've already done: reseted my Onkyo TX-NR509 device (Version 1081-1100-0000-0103), but nothing changed. Deinstalled and reinstalled the software on my phone, but still the same. Just for clarity: with the 1.30 version I had no problems at all, and there are no network problems ony my phone as well as with the dlna streaming on my onkyo.
Is there any possibility to downgrade to the pervoius version, or are there any compatibility issues with the android ICS? Somebody facing the same problem?

Last edited by osi22 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

osi22

Back to top Go down

Huge problems with Onkyo Remote v 1.40 Empty Update 1.

Post  osi22 Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Just tried with another Android based phone (SE X8 with 2.1 Eclair): exactly the same problems. Please provide me the previous version (1.30), as this one cannot be used!

Thanks for your help in advance!

osi22

Back to top Go down

Huge problems with Onkyo Remote v 1.40 Empty Re: Huge problems with Onkyo Remote v 1.40

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:35 pm

We are testing this issue currently and wil respond with our findings when concluded. Please be patient while we further research this issue; thank you for your time and assistance.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Huge problems with Onkyo Remote v 1.40 Empty Re: Huge problems with Onkyo Remote v 1.40

Post  osi22 Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:58 am

Thanks,

waiting for your results&solution!

osi22

Back to top Go down

Post  osi22 Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Dear Support,

any updates regarding this case?

Pls. inform us!

Thanks!

osi22

Back to top Go down

Post  MusicLover Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:39 am

So Onkyo, that was asked on Oct 1 today is Oct 25

Status for I have same damn issue as OP

OnkyoUSA wrote:We are testing this issue currently and wil respond with our findings when concluded. Please be patient while we further research this issue; thank you for your time and assistance.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator

MusicLover

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:56 pm

We understand the time allotted to have the Engineering department to review and develop any resolution regarding the Remote App version; please be patient and allow the representatives ample time to further review this issue.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  osi22 Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:07 am

Dear Onkyo,

waited for almost 2 months for a solution and still nothing!
If you cannot handle this case, please provide us the 1.30 version of onkyoremote(via an .apk file), where everything just worked fine.
This shouldn't be a big request for you.

Thanks in advance!

osi22

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:19 pm

osi22 wrote:Dear Onkyo,

waited for almost 2 months for a solution and still nothing!
If you cannot handle this case, please provide us the 1.30 version of onkyoremote(via an .apk file), where everything just worked fine.
This shouldn't be a big request for you.

Thanks in advance!

We would like some information to provide to the Engineering department for further assistance:
1. MODEL of the phone:
2. Android O/S version: (i.e. Gingerbread 2.3)
3. Apple O/S version:
4. Apple phone Model :
5. AVR F/W version:
6. Network environment
-Model Name of Router?
-Ethernet connection or wireless connection(UWF1) with our AVR?
7. If you don’t' have the latest F/W version for our devices, please try to update the receiver with the latest firmware version and uninstall and then reinstall the Remote 2 App again.
Android app: 1.40
Ex) TXNR609: 1141-1600-0010-8106

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  osi22 Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:54 pm

Dear Mod,

pls. read my first post regarding this case. Most of the informations you reqiure now was added already there(just highlihted them).
Network configuration didn't changed since I have the reciever: internet connection is managed trough a vdsl2 router-modem, and the network connection to the reciever is hosted via powerline adapters. All network related functions are still working fine (DLNA, Internet Radio) except the remote app since the upgrade.

osi22

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:24 pm

PLEASE NOTE: THIS FORUM SITE WILL BE DEACTIVATED AND WILL PREVENT YOU FROM POSTING MESSAGES. WE ADVISE YOU TO REGISTER ONTO OUR NEW FORUM SITE: http://forums.onkyousa.com/ WITH YOUR EMAIL, MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBER OF YOUR RECEIVER. AS WE WILL NO LONGER REVIEW THIS FORUM EFFECTIVE TODAY.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  osi22 Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:02 pm

Daer Mod,

I don't want to post any messages, I'm only waiting for a resolution since more than 2 months!

Pls. inform us in the new forum, if you have a solution regarding this case.

Thanks in advance.

OnkyoUSA wrote:PLEASE NOTE: THIS FORUM SITE WILL BE DEACTIVATED AND WILL PREVENT YOU FROM POSTING MESSAGES. WE ADVISE YOU TO REGISTER ONTO OUR NEW FORUM SITE: http://forums.onkyousa.com/ WITH YOUR EMAIL, MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBER OF YOUR RECEIVER. AS WE WILL NO LONGER REVIEW THIS FORUM EFFECTIVE TODAY.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator

osi22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down