TX-NR609 No HDMI signal out to the TV...help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TX-NR609 No HDMI signal out to the TV...help!

Post  Cat900 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:27 am

I have cable box connected to the CAB/SAT HDMI input # 3 and the HDMI connected out to the TV. It's worked before. I have connected the TV HDMI cable directly to the box and works fine. This brings me to the receiver or the HDMI cable from cable box to receiver. I used a different HDMI cable between the Cable box and receiver bringing me down to the receiver. I did tried plugging the cable box into different inputs with same results. the stereo front display reads "HDMI start up". there is a HDMI flashing above the volume number. there is no speaker icons to the left as normal. When I unplug the HDMI cable from the cable box to the input, the "THX Cinema" comes back and the speaker icons on the left reappear. What am I doing wrong?

Cat900

Posts: 4
Join date: 2012-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR609 No HDMI signal out to the TV...help!

Post  OnkyoUSA on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi cat900,

Do you have any other device connected such as a blue ray player with HDMI and if so does this work also or not? How long is the HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV and are they high-speed 1080p cables?

OnkyoUSA
Admin

Posts: 4077
Join date: 2011-10-06
Location: New Jersey

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR609 No HDMI signal out to the TV...help!

Post  Cat900 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:35 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi cat900,

Do you have any other device connected such as a blue ray player with HDMI and if so does this work also or not? How long is the HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV and are they high-speed 1080p cables?

There was other things connected that I have disconnected. I do not use that stuff. HDMI cable is high quality Belden wire purchased from Blue Jeans. Cables I would not think to be the issue. As stated that same cable connected directly to the Cable box below this receiver (Bypassing the receiver) works fine. This exact set-up has worked fine for me for 6 months, now have the message on the front, as indicated above, and nothing out of the speakers or signal to the TV. Why is the receiver showing this message?

Cat900

Posts: 4
Join date: 2012-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR609 No HDMI signal out to the TV...help!

Post  Ametrica on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Cat900 wrote:I have cable box connected to the CAB/SAT HDMI input # 3 and the HDMI connected out to the TV. It's worked before. I have connected the TV HDMI cable directly to the box and works fine. This brings me to the receiver or the HDMI cable from cable box to receiver. I used a different HDMI cable between the Cable box and receiver bringing me down to the receiver. I did tried plugging the cable box into different inputs with same results. the stereo front display reads "HDMI start up". there is a HDMI flashing above the volume number. there is no speaker icons to the left as normal. When I unplug the HDMI cable from the cable box to the input, the "THX Cinema" comes back and the speaker icons on the left reappear. What am I doing wrong?

I had a similar problem a few months ago. I ended up having to unplug the receiver from the wall outlet and wait 5 min before plugging it back in. Then everything was back to normal.

Ametrica

Posts: 16
Join date: 2011-11-24
Location: Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR609 No HDMI signal out to the TV...help!

Post  Cat900 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:47 am

Ametrica wrote:
Cat900 wrote:I have cable box connected to the CAB/SAT HDMI input # 3 and the HDMI connected out to the TV. It's worked before. I have connected the TV HDMI cable directly to the box and works fine. This brings me to the receiver or the HDMI cable from cable box to receiver. I used a different HDMI cable between the Cable box and receiver bringing me down to the receiver. I did tried plugging the cable box into different inputs with same results. the stereo front display reads "HDMI start up". there is a HDMI flashing above the volume number. there is no speaker icons to the left as normal. When I unplug the HDMI cable from the cable box to the input, the "THX Cinema" comes back and the speaker icons on the left reappear. What am I doing wrong?

I had a similar problem a few months ago. I ended up having to unplug the receiver from the wall outlet and wait 5 min before plugging it back in. Then everything was back to normal.

WOW! thanks a mil. I did that and it works fine now!

Cat900

Posts: 4
Join date: 2012-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR609 No HDMI signal out to the TV...help!

Post  Ametrica on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:09 pm

No Problem. Keep in mind that even when the unit is off, part of it is still on. Sometimes the microprocessor will run hot and cause its programming to crash. Unplugging shuts down the entire system and reboots from scratch, plus the 5 min gives it a little time to cool. In some rare cases it may have to be unplugged longer.

Like any computer or computer based product, powering down completely is the only way I know of to restore it to a functioning machine.

Ametrica

Posts: 16
Join date: 2011-11-24
Location: Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR609 No HDMI signal out to the TV...help!

Post  Cat900 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:21 pm

Ametrica wrote:No Problem. Keep in mind that even when the unit is off, part of it is still on. Sometimes the microprocessor will run hot and cause its programming to crash. Unplugging shuts down the entire system and reboots from scratch, plus the 5 min gives it a little time to cool. In some rare cases it may have to be unplugged longer.

Like any computer or computer based product, powering down completely is the only way I know of to restore it to a functioning machine.

Huh................too bad Onkyo doesn't know that..................

Cat900

Posts: 4
Join date: 2012-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR609 No HDMI signal out to the TV...help!

Post  Ametrica on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:02 pm

Cat900 wrote:
Ametrica wrote:No Problem. Keep in mind that even when the unit is off, part of it is still on. Sometimes the microprocessor will run hot and cause its programming to crash. Unplugging shuts down the entire system and reboots from scratch, plus the 5 min gives it a little time to cool. In some rare cases it may have to be unplugged longer.

Like any computer or computer based product, powering down completely is the only way I know of to restore it to a functioning machine.

Huh................too bad Onkyo doesn't know that..................

LOL! I would hope they do now.

Ametrica

Posts: 16
Join date: 2011-11-24
Location: Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum