Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR804 PCM Display

2 posters

Go down

TX-SR804 PCM Display Empty TX-SR804 PCM Display

Post  aspatidar Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:40 pm

Need quick help on receiver, I am using SR804 for last 2 years and it was all working fine but from last week I am having problem with my receiver my center speaker is not producing the right/correct or enough sound. Receiver is connected to Sony DVD player and Dish Satellite via HDMI Cables when I move my receiver to dish n/w mode and watch tv channels receiver always shows PCM and PL II x , When I move to DVD player receiver shows D and THS I tried everything but nothing seems to be working for me. Do I have to change the HDMI cables or something else is wrong. Any input will be really appreciated.

aspatidar

Back to top Go down

TX-SR804 PCM Display Empty Re: TX-SR804 PCM Display

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 01, 2012 11:55 am

Hi aspatidar,

Have you tried another speaker in the center channel spot?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-SR804 PCM Display Empty TX-SR804 PCM Display

Post  aspatidar Tue May 01, 2012 12:02 pm

No I did not but If I try different listening mode like unplugged or mono or all speakers the central speaker works fine.

aspatidar

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 01, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi aspatidar,

Have you tried a reset of the unit yet? Before you give that a try please disconnect the center speaker wires and reconnect them to make sure they are in nice and tight. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VIDEO1/VCR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aspatidar Tue May 01, 2012 3:22 pm

I did try disconnecting/reconnecting the central speaker wire that did not work. I will try to reset the Receiver and do the resetting of all configuration this weekend and see if that resolves the issue, one question though do you want me to try a new HDMI cable as an option.

aspatidar

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 01, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi aspatidar,

You may try another HDMI cable if you want. Please let me know how this works out?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aspatidar Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:26 pm

I did reset the receiver still the same problem any clue what is wrong.

aspatidar

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:30 pm

What listening mode(s) are presenting this issue; as you previously stated that using UNPLUGGED or MONO doesn't present any audio issue with the CENTER speaker channel. Have you also pressed the DISPLAY button on the receiver repeatedly to display the incoming audio source and format and outgoing audio format? In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aspatidar Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, let me check the following as mentioned by you (DISPLAY button on the receiver repeatedly to display the incoming audio source and format and outgoing audio format)

Thanks
Ashu

aspatidar

Back to top Go down

Post  aspatidar Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:37 pm

OK, I checked by pressing the Display button repeatedly. (Here is my Setup My DVD player and Cable Box (Dish Network HD) is directly connected to receiver through HDMI cable)
When I press Display button I get PCM fs : 48KHZ and V1 PLIIx Movie. I get same with DVD player. Hope this helps.

aspatidar

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:23 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down