TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  chrisg on Tue May 22, 2012 6:36 am

KI2000 wrote:
chrisg wrote:
OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi forum users,

We are glad that the firmware has worked for you. Please keep us posted on this topic.

The latest update only solves part of the problem. The receiver doesn't lose video output anymore. It does lose audio, though. The repro case is the same as with the original issue, maybe with the standby time a bit longer. After several hours of standby I don't have any audio output, no matter which HDMI input I choose. So I still need to unplug my receiver once a day which is unacceptable.

Strange. I don't have that issue. What if you switch to tuner?
So far bo more issues with the image too...

Good question. I'll check that when it happens again. As well as signal from some analog input. It's true the audio problem happens less frequently. Possibly it's another issue.

Haven't seen the video issue yet since the update but then I'm rebooting the box regularly because of audio so might have missed it...

chrisg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Better but not completely solved

Post  dibe on Wed May 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Well, it was OK for 3 days. The receiver woke up all right and did show a picture. That is a definite improvement because it used to happen every day. But today there was again no picture after bringing the unit back from sleep mode. Again I had to cycle power to see something.

Dirk

dibe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Wed May 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi dibe,

I will let our engineers know. Thank you for keeping us posted.
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  etw on Thu May 24, 2012 4:01 pm

I am the original poster of this thread. Since the most recent firmware, I have not experienced the loss of video issue.

Last edited by etw on Thu May 24, 2012 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

etw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KI2000 on Thu May 24, 2012 5:41 pm

etw wrote:I am the OP of this thread. Since the most recent firmware, I have not experienced the loss of video issue.
You mean the TP? :-)

Anyway, I have to agree with you. Until now everything works fine without a power cycle.
I guess that dibe must have a different configuration. Maybe some other setting that is still causing the issue for him.

KI2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Otter0911 on Thu May 24, 2012 9:02 pm

I bought the 515 last week, installed latest firmware and I have had this problem 3 times already. No video from HDMI main. Had to pull plug to reset...

Just to add got up this morning no video had to pull plug again Mad

Otter0911

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Fri May 25, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi Otter0911,

Thank you for the input; I will let our engineers know.
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

still ok

Post  Spocktwin on Fri May 25, 2012 11:45 pm

I just left it on standby for 2 days and it just started up with no problem. I am even starting it using the remote app on my Android.....video works just fine. Hope things get better for the rest of you

Spocktwin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

other idea

Post  fchamorro on Mon May 28, 2012 1:27 pm

Hello;

A couple a days ago I posted a comment related to this issue indicating I fixed this issue changing the hdmi cable that connect the cbl/sat to receiver, and It worked fine around a week; but the problem appears again ; Unfortunatelly I was other problem (with the wireless lan adapter) and Onkyo recommendend me reset the Receiver; when the receiver start again I just setup the speakers and the connections but I didn´t set up the remote control to include the other devces; at this moment after 8 days I don´t have this issue anymore; I just have a PS3 and the Cable/tv box then ít´s not so uncomfortable and I preffer this to Unplugg-plugg the recevier every day.
fchamorro

fchamorro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Tue May 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi fchamorro,

That's great news and thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Otter0911 on Wed May 30, 2012 5:51 pm

I dont know if this will help Onkyo or other people, I was also having a problem with the 515 when it was in standby I would turn back on but get no video from HDMI Main. Audio but no video. I would have to pull the plug to restore. I was turning off/standby the 515 from whatever input I was using, BD, Media Center, Game etc.etc. I would then get the issue, even as short as a couple hours in standby. I then started placing the 515 back to Cable/Sat (which is the input using HDMI pass through) before turning off. After trying this I no longer have problem with no video Very Happy Hope this helps...

Otter0911

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Wed May 30, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi Otter0911,

Thank you for this information.
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bad units

Post  jksmccoy on Wed May 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Well, I updated the receiver and have done everything everyone has recommended on this forum. I came home today and no picture.

Onkyo, this is getting very old! I even have a customer that is screaming mad at me! I went to my supplier and they gave me the one in their theater room that has been working for months with no problems. I installed it at the screaming customers thinking that would solve the problems, but a day later they had the same problem again. I called your CRS and got nothing worth telling the customer about. The customer is running off the HDMI Sub which has no issues. What am I doing wrong? I have 10 houses coming up that I have quoted this receiver on. I cannot in my right mind install this unit if it does not work properly. Does the problem have something to do with the wireless internet piece? Give me something here!! I have been a loyal dealer for 8 years now, don't let me look somewhere else! A direct number to someone that know what they are talking about would be nice!

jksmccoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New Firmware helps but doesn't fix the issue entirely

Post  MusicHK on Thu May 31, 2012 6:56 am

One more victim in Hong Kong.

Bought TX-NR515 a few weeks ago. Faced the same problem described in past posts. Swap a new unit; same problem.

After upgrade to the recent firmware, the problem doesn't go entirely. Better than before but definitely not gone entirely.

In my case, the problem is related to HDMI pass-through setting and standby mode (or a feature affected by the unknown firmware bug).

Before the recent firmware upgrade, every morning I had to cold boot the unit (i.e. power reset) to get video on TV with signal from my settop box (configured as HDMI passthrough). If I don't do so, only audio can be heard. Switching on the unit from standby mode to ON state doesn't help. By the way, not only the setop box video signle is gone; Onkyo's ONSCREEN menu won't show up neither. The only remedy is to power reset.

One note to Onkyo support staff in case it helps their debugging - the settop box HDMI video signl goes thru the OUT SUB connection without problem. In other words, when the problem happens, if I swap my TV HDMI cable from OUT MAIN to OUT SUB port, everything works fine. If I swap back, the same problem shows up. So the problem is restricted to the OUT MAIN port only. Of course using the OUT SUB port is hardly a solution because of its limitation (e.g. no Onkyo ONSCREEN menu).

After recent firmware upgrade, the situation still happens but not at daily level (before the upgrade, guarantee to see it after overnight standby). Now I can leave the unit in standby mode for 3 days (longest time I tried - hay, I do need to use the unit and my TV, right?). If lucky, everything is fine. But the problem did come back again. I encountered at least 2 times after the upgrade.

So I conclude that the problem is not gone entirely.

Meanwhile, I add a timer switch to power reset the unit every day. I like the unit and its features are rich. Like to keep it.

Look forward to Onkyo Support to issue another firmware fix to address this problem once for all.

Before the true fix is available, I would not recommend it to my friends though.

MusicHK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Its almost June and here I am - video out.

Post  cpmmk1 on Thu May 31, 2012 1:10 pm

I have the 515. I have been though all of the stuff regarding my TV, DVD, and all the HDMI's. Its not any of those things. I discovered the unplug fix which worked. This thing is 5 days old. If the firmware update is the solution, I cannot find it anywhere. Regardless, Please fix this thing.

cpmmk1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Thu May 31, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi jksmccoy,

We sincerely apologize but we do need some information from you in order to determine what could be causing your issues.

1) Are you using high speed HDMI cables?
2) What is the HDMI cable length from source to receiver and receiver to the TV?
3) What sources are you trying to send through and at what resolutions?

And can you tell me what you get when you press and hold the display button on the front panel when playing a source (Please hold the display button for at least 5 seconds)
You should see something like the following:
1080p/60 => 1080p/60
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Onkyo Reply

Post  jksmccoy on Thu May 31, 2012 7:28 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi jksmccoy,

We sincerely apologize but we do need some information from you in order to determine what could be causing your issues.

1) Are you using high speed HDMI cables?
2) What is the HDMI cable length from source to receiver and receiver to the TV?
3) What sources are you trying to send through and at what resolutions?

And can you tell me what you get when you press and hold the display button on the front panel when playing a source (Please hold the display button for at least 5 seconds)
You should see something like the following:
1080p/60 => 1080p/6

Onkyo, I greatly appreciate your reply! Please see the answers to your questions below.

1. The HDMI cable I am using is a 2 meter high speed with Ethernet 340 MHz bandwidth. This is the same cable I have been using for the TX-NR609, TX-SR608-607-606 etc.
2. The cable length from the DirecTV HD receiver and the Sony PS3 is 2 meters, and the cable length from the receiver to the TV is 2 meters. This is nothing different from how I did it with the TX-NR609, TX-SR608-607-606 etc.
3.The sources are the following; DirecTV HD receiver at 1080i and the PS3 at 1080i.

When I hold down the "Display" button I get 1080i/60 => 1080p/60.

I hope this helps with either me setting it up incorrectly or for you to fix the issues. As I have said in my previuos poste, everything works fine on HDMI sub with no issues at all.

If you updated this post once a day with an update, even one that states "you are working on it" would be a huge uplift for me. I have quite a few houses I need to sell and install this TX-NR515 in, one next week.

jksmccoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Otter0911 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:22 am

Otter0911 wrote:I dont know if this will help Onkyo or other people, I was also having a problem with the 515 when it was in standby I would turn back on but get no video from HDMI Main. Audio but no video. I would have to pull the plug to restore. I was turning off/standby the 515 from whatever input I was using, BD, Media Center, Game etc.etc. I would then get the issue, even as short as a couple hours in standby. I then started placing the 515 back to Cable/Sat (which is the input using HDMI pass through) before turning off. After trying this I no longer have problem with no video Very Happy Hope this helps...

To add.... since doing this above...Have not loss video for about 6-7 days now Very Happy

Otter0911

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi jksmccoy,

Thank you for this information. Please see the new thread I just wrote on this matter.
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi Otter0911,

Thank you for the information.
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  911jason on Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:14 pm

My TX-NR609 has the same problem, but it doesn't happen every day. It's happened 3 times in the 4 months I've had it, but the last two times were within the past week. Exact same symptoms, turn the power on and get no video signal through the HDMI output, audio through the speakers works fine. The 609 doesn't have a secondary HDMI out, so I can't try that.

911jason

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  txuser on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:22 am

I am having the same issue. No video signal out after being in standby. Unplugging the unit and plugging it back in corrects the issue. I am only using the CAB/SAT input.

I have installed the latest firmware updates, which I can no longer find on the Onkyo website. Have the firmware releases been pulled?

txuser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

No response?

Post  cpmmk1 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi,

No response since my post. Updates to firmware do not exist and/or are not available. All other equipment is in good working order and similar to what was previously posted by just about everyone here. In fact, I have not read any indication from Onkyo or anyone else that this is a problem due to anyones equipment, cables, etc. Please respond so I know that you have seen this and there is a fix in the works, please.

cpmmk1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi cpmmk1,

I apologize for the delay but we expect an update this week.
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

OK

Post  cpmmk1 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Thanks!

cpmmk1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top