TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Better answers...

Post  Dadorama on Wed May 16, 2012 12:43 am

Please provide better answers. We need to know whether to give up on this model and return them now or not. I'd expect Onkyo to provide replacements if we just got a bad batch, or a fix if they all have the problem. But please provide us with some real information we can work with - maybe direct from a real engineer.

Thanks in advance. I love the product itself. I just want it to work properly.

Dadorama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

807 vs 515

Post  dibe on Wed May 16, 2012 4:06 am

Hello,

Same issue here. I can't provide all the information you ask for at this moment but maybe it will help to know that the 515 took the place of an Onkyo 807, which worked perfectly in the same spot. Same cables, same other devices, same setup. I just took out the 807 and plugged in the 515 instead. Since then I am having these issues.

@thefoys: be reasonable. The is not an "intersting service model", it is the only one that makes sense and the same that will be used by your "competitor" - if they dare to maintain their own forum at all. I don't think any of us would want the engeneers to be wasting their time, moderating and communicating in a forum. They program, "OnkyoUSA" talks to us, we complain. Everyone has got their role :-)

Regards,
Dirk

dibe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  miami580 on Wed May 16, 2012 5:32 pm

Add me to the list. Audio, but no video from any source. Returned and got a new one. If you want to replicate the issue, my unit is at the Brandsmart at Sawgrass Mills in Florida.

miami580

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Same exact issue

Post  Spocktwin on Wed May 16, 2012 7:10 pm

I also am now having the same issue, not the cable and have left it on with the various components. I really do not want to return this. OnKyo really hard to believe you have not reproduced the issue yet. I am willing to wait a little while but keep us updated

Spocktwin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I had the same problem

Post  fchamorro on Thu May 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi all,
In my case, I had the same issue one week after I purchased the 515 and the only solution was unplugg the power cable and re-start the Receiver; three times after this I enter this forum , following the recomendations and the only thing that worked for me was change the HDMI cable.,

I have two hdmi cables spare and I used them to connect the Receiver to Tv; but they didn´t work; I thougth the problem was with this cable because you hear the audio but not see the Video. finally, I left the same cable that I used at the begining but I changed the HDMI cable between the Cbl/SAT to the receiver, I did it when the receiver was turned on; and "yes!" it works; from this day until now; this issue doesn´t happend I used a spare Hdmi cable from a Ps3.

I hope this give you new ideas to try fix this problem. sorry for my english.

Now I have other "issue" with my UWF-1, It stop to work and I don´t now if is a problem with the receiver , this adapter or my wirelles internet. but , is other forum.

for 12 YEARS I used other receiver (Kenwood KRF -50...) before this one; and It NEVER had problems. It´s sad.

fchamorro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  etw on Thu May 17, 2012 4:46 pm

I have tried other cables to no avail. If it turns out that I need a specific brand and gauge of cable to make this work properly, I'd like to know the details. These cables are not cheap and running them through the walls etc. is not particularly pleasant either. Besides, how could it be my cable when moving it to HDMI (Sub) delivers video?

etw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Still no joy!

Post  Spocktwin on Thu May 17, 2012 9:37 pm

I have now tried 3 different cables (3 different manufacturers) is not working. Onkyo any news yet???? Mad

Spocktwin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KI2000 on Fri May 18, 2012 9:04 am

It's definitely not the cable. It sounds to me like it's some kind of software issue.
I offered my help to Onkyo but had no response on it. It's sad.

Onkyo: please provide us with an update. We need to know what to do with the unit.
I'm sure not everyone who has this issue has found his way to the forum, so I guess a lot of people are struggling with it.

I still have to write a review on the unit, and I can't give it a good one for the moment sadly enough.
It fails to deliver one of it's basic services. Before you know it the entire net will be full of negative reviews. I'm sure you know that this is very important.

So please, give your customers what they want, or this will be my first and last Onkyo. Mad

On an additional note: Did any of you who have this issue try to perform a factory reset after the firmware upgrade?

KI2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New firmware available

Post  dibe on Fri May 18, 2012 10:49 am

Hello,

my 515 just offered a new firmware update which I have just loaded. Looking at the german homepage this firmware (Version 1070-5105-0200) is supposed to adress the video-out issue after longer stand-by periods. I will know tomorrow morning, I guess. Fingers crossed, everyone.

Thanks, Onkyo.

Dirk

dibe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KI2000 on Fri May 18, 2012 2:30 pm

I noticed this too.
Onkyo: Is this firmware meant to solve this issue?
If so ... thank you very much. Apart from that issue, it's a great device and I will provide a very good review if this issue is now solved.

Please provide some feedback.

KI2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Finally, a fix for USA?? Super!

Post  Dadorama on Fri May 18, 2012 4:33 pm

We have a new update for USA, it says it is designed to fix this problem. There is a hint that the problem is only present when you have the receiver set to be turned on and off through the wireless network from standby.

It says that you should use the USB port or a wired network connection but my last two firmware updates have come over my wireless network.

I am wondering if this will be there for me when I get home from work today or whether I will have to use my USB flashdrive. Anyone been there, done that, so to speak?

Anyway, Onkyo, I really hope this works, I love, love, love the receiver, and really want to keep it.

Dadorama

Dadorama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Fri May 18, 2012 4:51 pm

Hi forums users,

Good news, here is the link to our newest firmware update. Please let us know if this update addresses your issues. Thank you choosing Onkyo.

http://www.onkyousa.com/download/software.cfm
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KI2000 on Fri May 18, 2012 6:21 pm

Update done. Will keep you posted.

Thanks.

KI2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  etw on Fri May 18, 2012 7:19 pm

I have updated to the newest firmware. So far so good. I will post again with my findings.

etw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Seems to work - Thanks Onkyo

Post  dibe on Sat May 19, 2012 3:17 am

This morning the Onkyo started up all right and did show a picture without a power-off. Looks good, I would say.

Thanks Onkyo.

Dirk

dibe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Firmware update works

Post  Spocktwin on Sat May 19, 2012 11:51 am

Very Happy Very Happy Thanks Onkyo update worked, video starts as it should! Will update if anything changes

Spocktwin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KI2000 on Sun May 20, 2012 9:44 am

So far so good. It seems to be fixed. Will update if anything changes.
Thanks for the solution.
Maybe a hint: provide more updates on the progress of a fix. It would have been great to know that the engineers found the cause and were working on a fix.

Thanks a lot!

KI2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Update does not work!

Post  jksmccoy on Sun May 20, 2012 10:45 am

Well I updated the receiver on Friday afternoon. The receiver worked Friday night, Saturday all day, woke up Sunday morning and no picture. I had to unplug and plug back in. Very disappointed! I still have a customer working on the HDMI sub out for his picture.

Onkyo, please get this fixed!!

jksmccoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Did it again

Post  jksmccoy on Sun May 20, 2012 1:06 pm

jksmccoy wrote:Well I updated the receiver on Friday afternoon. The receiver worked Friday night, Saturday all day, woke up Sunday morning and no picture. I had to unplug and plug back in. Very disappointed! I still have a customer working on the HDMI sub out for his picture.

Onkyo, please get this fixed!!

6:30 am to 11 am and it did it again. My wife just told me it did it yesterday also. Back to the drawing board for Onkyo.

jksmccoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KI2000 on Sun May 20, 2012 1:11 pm

That's sad news :-(
Do you also have wake on network enabled? Does it still have the same behaviour if disabled?
Restore to factory settings tried after the update?

KI2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jksmccoy on Sun May 20, 2012 4:45 pm

KI2000 wrote:That's sad news :-(
Do you also have wake on network enabled? Does it still have the same behaviour if disabled?
Restore to factory settings tried after the update?

KI2000, I just disabled and reset the receiver totally. I will update my findings.

jksmccoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Everything fine with mine so far

Post  Dadorama on Mon May 21, 2012 10:33 am

I have not had many cycles of on-off since the update Friday, but so far all is well.

Dadorama

Dadorama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Mon May 21, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi forum users,

We are glad that the firmware has worked for you. Please keep us posted on this topic.
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisg on Mon May 21, 2012 7:41 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi forum users,

We are glad that the firmware has worked for you. Please keep us posted on this topic.

The latest update only solves part of the problem. The receiver doesn't lose video output anymore. It does lose audio, though. The repro case is the same as with the original issue, maybe with the standby time a bit longer. After several hours of standby I don't have any audio output, no matter which HDMI input I choose. So I still need to unplug my receiver once a day which is unacceptable.

chrisg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KI2000 on Tue May 22, 2012 6:23 am

chrisg wrote:
OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi forum users,

The latest update only solves part of the problem. The receiver doesn't lose video output anymore. It does lose audio, though. The repro case is the same as with the original issue, maybe with the standby time a bit longer. After several hours of standby I don't have any audio output, no matter which HDMI input I choose. So I still need to unplug my receiver once a day which is unacceptable.

Strange. I don't have that issue. What if you switch to tuner?
So far bo more issues with the image too...

KI2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top