TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  OnkyoUSA on Thu May 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi etw

We would like to have your unit brought to our lab for testing purposes. If this sounds like good to you please PM me with your reply and thank you in advance.
avatar
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Posts : 4077
Join date : 2011-10-06
Location : New Jersey

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

No video out HDMI Main

Post  Dadorama on Thu May 10, 2012 11:21 pm

Same as the rest. Have had unit exactly one week, first outage today when I got home. HDMI sub worked and a replug fixed it but for how long? Very disappointed to find this thread and pandemic problem.

Love the amp but please fix this!

Help us Onkyo!


Dadorama

Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-05-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

No video Onkyo TX-NR515

Post  Guest on Fri May 11, 2012 12:17 am

Same issue as described below for me. Turned TV on today with TX-NR515 in standby / pass-thru mode, no audio or video. Turned on TX-NR515 and still no video but now had audio thru 5.1 speakers. Checked all sources (Blu-ray, Satellite, on-screen-display) same issue no video but had audio.

I was watching a Blu-ray at 4pm EST and turned off TV, receiver (standby) and Blu-ray. When I turned back on at 8pm EST that is when noticed problem.

Purchased unit Sunday May 6, 2012 at hhgregg, problem occurred May 10 between 4pm and 8pm EST

AV Receiver Model # TX-NR515
Serial # 1066DC5220600805
Firmware version # 1060-5104-0200

Sony Rear Projection 50 inch LCD
Model # KDF-E50A10
TV is not internet ready so no firmware information
Connected to TXNR-515 with 9 foot WireLogic high speed ethernet HDMI cable purchased Sunday May 6, 2012

Panasonic Blu-ray Player
Model # DMP-BD35
Checked firmware and is up to date but it did not display firmware version
Connected to TX-NR515 with 6 foot Monster HDMI cable w/dual layer shielding

DirectTV HD Receiver
Model #H24-700
Firmware version 0x59c, Tuesday 2/21/2012, 3:20am EST
Connected to TXNR-515 with 9 foot WireLogic high speed ethernet HDMI cable purchased Sunday May 6, 2012

Does this happen in cold conditions (first time turn on)? YES
Does this happen after a long time while playing? NO
If neither of the above then what are the conditions this is happening under? N/A

Please provide a solution - this is a deal breaker and I will return unit and purchase Pioneer ELITE VSX-51 for same price!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

We may be in luck

Post  Dadorama on Fri May 11, 2012 12:18 am

Just finished downloading and installing a firmware update on my 515. Hoping it addresses our problem.

Onkyo?

Did you fix it?

Dadorama

Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-05-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

what version of firmware for onkyo 515

Post  Guest on Fri May 11, 2012 12:29 am

Dadorama wrote:Just finished downloading and installing a firmware update on my 515. Hoping it addresses our problem.

Onkyo?

Did you fix it?

if it version # 1060-5104-0200 its not the problem!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  OnkyoUSA on Fri May 11, 2012 11:59 am

Hi forum users,

Thank you for the information you have provided. We are still investigating this issue and hope to have an answer soon.
avatar
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Posts : 4077
Join date : 2011-10-06
Location : New Jersey

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

quick update

Post  Guest on Fri May 11, 2012 3:35 pm

Turned on TV this morning (Friday May 11, 2012) and no issues with video or audio - TX-NR515 was in standby for approximately 7 hours between uses. Will provide updates as often as I can.

thefoys wrote:Same issue as described below for me. Turned TV on today with TX-NR515 in standby / pass-thru mode, no audio or video. Turned on TX-NR515 and still no video but now had audio thru 5.1 speakers. Checked all sources (Blu-ray, Satellite, on-screen-display) same issue no video but had audio.

I was watching a Blu-ray at 4pm EST and turned off TV, receiver (standby) and Blu-ray. When I turned back on at 8pm EST that is when noticed problem.

Purchased unit Sunday May 6, 2012 at hhgregg, problem occurred May 10 between 4pm and 8pm EST

AV Receiver Model # TX-NR515
Serial # 1066DC5220600805
Firmware version # 1060-5104-0200

Sony Rear Projection 50 inch LCD
Model # KDF-E50A10
TV is not internet ready so no firmware information
Connected to TXNR-515 with 9 foot WireLogic high speed ethernet HDMI cable purchased Sunday May 6, 2012

Panasonic Blu-ray Player
Model # DMP-BD35
Checked firmware and is up to date but it did not display firmware version
Connected to TX-NR515 with 6 foot Monster HDMI cable w/dual layer shielding

DirectTV HD Receiver
Model #H24-700
Firmware version 0x59c, Tuesday 2/21/2012, 3:20am EST
Connected to TXNR-515 with 9 foot WireLogic high speed ethernet HDMI cable purchased Sunday May 6, 2012

Does this happen in cold conditions (first time turn on)? YES
Does this happen after a long time while playing? NO
If neither of the above then what are the conditions this is happening under? N/A

Please provide a solution - this is a deal breaker and I will return unit and purchase Pioneer ELITE VSX-51 for same price!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  OnkyoUSA on Fri May 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi thefoys,

Keep us posted and thank you.
avatar
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Posts : 4077
Join date : 2011-10-06
Location : New Jersey

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HDMI out

Post  jksmccoy on Fri May 11, 2012 11:44 pm

I am an Onkyo dealer, I purchased the TX-NR515 for my personal use. I have the same problem. I change to the zone 2 HDMI and has been working ever since. The down side is I do not get any on TV menu's or the volume bar. I am going to load the new update tonight to see if it fixes.

jksmccoy

Posts : 32
Join date : 2012-05-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Weekend update

Post  Guest on Sat May 12, 2012 9:55 pm

Update - TX-NR515 worked fine for about 2 days but the no video problem happened again Saturday night 5/12/2012.

I did not notice the issue right away because I was listening to music for a few hours and when I switched to CBL/SAT the same issue occurred no video but audio was fine. I disconnected TX-NR515 from outlet and plugged back in and had video and audio as usual.

Would appreciate an update soon this is getting very annoying!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Sunday morning update

Post  Guest on Sun May 13, 2012 12:50 pm

TX-NR515 in standby overnight Saturday night to Sunday morning turned on video and audio worked fine.

Went to one of my kids soccer games at 9am EST was home by 11:30am EST - NO VIDEO but had audio!

Better get a solution or this is going back!!!!

thefoys wrote:Update - TX-NR515 worked fine for about 2 days but the no video problem happened again Saturday night 5/12/2012.

I did not notice the issue right away because I was listening to music for a few hours and when I switched to CBL/SAT the same issue occurred no video but audio was fine. I disconnected TX-NR515 from outlet and plugged back in and had video and audio as usual.

Would appreciate an update soon this is getting very annoying!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

DTS HD Master audio issues also

Post  etw on Sun May 13, 2012 4:22 pm

On top of unplugging and re-plugging in the unit to get video, I now have to do the same to get DTS Master audio to work. I'm past the point of returning this and it has major issues. LG BD370 with all updates could not get DTS hd to work on "The Blind Side" and several other titles. Flashing HDMI indicator and no audio. After unplugging the 515 and plugging back in it starts working. I'm severely disappointed in this.

etw

Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sold one to a customer

Post  jksmccoy on Sun May 13, 2012 4:29 pm

jksmccoy wrote:I am an Onkyo dealer, I purchased the TX-NR515 for my personal use. I have the same problem. I change to the zone 2 HDMI and has been working ever since. The down side is I do not get any on TV menu's or the volume bar. I am going to load the new update tonight to see if it fixes.

Not only do I have a problem, but I installed one yesterday for a customer and eveything worked fine. The the customer called and said they had a problem no picture and had sound. I went over there today, and reset the surge protector and the picture came back on. This is getting to be a problem, I cannot support this product if this contunues. i hope you have a fix very fast!! Like tomorrow!!

jksmccoy

Posts : 32
Join date : 2012-05-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  coryip on Sun May 13, 2012 6:35 pm

You got that right. As an installer its terrible when you set a customer up and get the call about the video. Its happened to me as well. What bothers me the most is it seems that most of these units are failing and I would like for onkyo to say that they have seen this problem for themselves. It seems that with so many of these doing this it should be very easy for them to replicate. Finding a solution from there may take some time.

coryip

Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

YX-NR515

Post  jksmccoy on Sun May 13, 2012 6:41 pm

coryip wrote:You got that right. As an installer its terrible when you set a customer up and get the call about the video. Its happened to me as well. What bothers me the most is it seems that most of these units are failing and I would like for onkyo to say that they have seen this problem for themselves. It seems that with so many of these doing this it should be very easy for them to replicate. Finding a solution from there may take some time.

They need to do more than just turn it on, they need to cycle a few times over a week. I did do the update on my receiver and switched it back over to the main monitor out. So far after 2 days it has been fine. My suppliers has one in their demo room and works flawlessly.

jksmccoy

Posts : 32
Join date : 2012-05-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New information

Post  jerryw on Mon May 14, 2012 12:05 pm

jerryw wrote:I have a new out of the box TX NR515 from NewEgg. Did the firmware update via the net.
I have had to do a factory reset 5 times in two days to get the monitor out to my TV !
No monitor out from any of the souces.
Same here audio out on all sources but no Video.
TV is a Samsung UN55C8000 LED TV with updated firmware.
The Blue Ray DVD is a Samsung BD D5500 with updated firmware
The Cable box is from Cox SA8300 HD

Changed HDMI cable. No fix
Tried all HDMI monitor out resolutions (480p, 720P, 1080i, 1080P, Through). No Fix
Using the same HDMI cable from Samsung UN55C8000 LED TV to the Cox Cable box SA8300 HD. Works fine
Using the same HDMI cable from the Samsung BD D5500 Blue Ray to the Samsung TV. Works fine.

I did not try unplugging the power versus the factory reset ( simultaneous press Cabl/Sat and Power ) to get TX NR515 monitor out but I will try that next too.

Should I return the TX NR515 since the HDMI board may be bad?

Serial Number : 1066DC5220604427

I turned off Zone 2 line out for several days and the NR515 did not loose video.
I turned on zone 2 line out and the next day the NR515 lost video.
Cold conditon YES
Hot condition NO
Latest firmware via net
Unplugging the power does a reset and restores video output, better restore option for now than factory reset.


jerryw

Posts : 4
Join date : 2012-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  OnkyoUSA on Mon May 14, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi forum users,

Thank you for the assistance. Our engineers are currently trying to duplicate this issue.
avatar
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Posts : 4077
Join date : 2011-10-06
Location : New Jersey

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Too little too late...

Post  Guest on Mon May 14, 2012 9:35 pm

Sorry to say but I am returning this product and will not buy another Onkyo product ever again. I did lots of research and thought this was the right product and company to go with but the product does not work as advertised and the customer service is subpar.

I set up a call back with Onkyo today and they called me at approximately 2:15pm EST. I explained the situation and expressed my concerns about the percieved lack of urgency on Onkyo's part to address anyone's problems on this issue. All the representative said was we are working on it. I asked to speak to whomever was working on it and they said I could npot speak to anyone. Then I suggested strongly that they post something saying they were addressing the issue and sure enough about a half-hour later they posted this illuminating nugget of information. The only options they gave me were to send them my unit to them in the mail (thats practicle, no use of product for who knows how long) or return to the retailer and get a replacement (why would I dare get a replacement and risk the same issue again). He offered no other suggestions, no pledge to fix the problem and seemed to care less that my $400 was going to go to another company.

I have already purchased a replacement AVR and I will have it by the weekend - it shipped tonight!

Good luck to all of you and all I can say is tell Onkyo what you think and spend your hard earned money elsewhere since they seem less than interested in addressing this issue in a timely manner.

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi forum users,

Thank you for the information you have provided. We are still investigating this issue and hope to have an answer soon.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  KI2000 on Tue May 15, 2012 8:16 am

You can add me to the list of user who have this issue.

This occurs after a period of standby. HDMI passthrough is activated for my cable box.
When there was no signal for a period of time (cable box off) and the receiver has been in standby for a while, I receive no signal on my TV (Samsung).
The TV is connected to the HDMI Main output on the receiver.

The only solution is unplugging the receiver from the mains and then plugging it back in.
I suppose some kind of reset is performed at that time, but of course, this can't be the intention.

I have the latest version of the firmware installed.

Could you please give us some information on this issue? Could you reproduce it? Can we expect a solution soon?

Mine is going probably going back to the retailer by the end of the week if no solution is present by that time.
It's unacceptable for a receiver that retails at 600 € here in Belgium.

KI2000

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  mastergravis on Tue May 15, 2012 2:33 pm

Add me to the list. It seemed to start after I setup the second hdmi port. i have the latest firmware via net. Pulling the power is the only way to get the hdmi video back Evil or Very Mad .



This needs to be solved!!!

mastergravis

Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  OnkyoUSA on Tue May 15, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi forum users,

Please be patient as our engineers are trying to duplicate this issue.
avatar
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Posts : 4077
Join date : 2011-10-06
Location : New Jersey

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  KI2000 on Tue May 15, 2012 5:29 pm

Dear OnkyoUsa,
It would be nice to at least know if this is something that can be solved with a firmware upgrade or if this is actually a hardware issue.
It can save me a trip of 80 km to the dealer.

Additional information. The hdmi devices connected are a ps3 an x360 and a cable box from a Belgian provider.
Speakers are in a 2.1 setup.
No special configurations. Hdmi control setting is off and manual hdmi loopthrough on hdmi 1 for the cable box.

To duplicate the issue, just use it, put it in standby overnight, try again using it. It should occur after a day or two-three.

Kind regards.

KI2000

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  OnkyoUSA on Tue May 15, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi KI2000,

Barre in mind that I can only escalate the information to the proper department.
avatar
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Posts : 4077
Join date : 2011-10-06
Location : New Jersey

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  KI2000 on Tue May 15, 2012 6:49 pm

I know and understand. However, we are all waiting for some information here.
As far as I'm concerned it's probably software as a hardware issue is most likely not solved with a simple reset.
However, it would be nice to have some feedback.
Do you have any idea how long we have to stay on our hunger? Couple of days, weeks, ...?

Thx.

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi KI2000,

Barre in mind that I can only escalate the information to the proper department.

KI2000

Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

In other words....

Post  Guest on Tue May 15, 2012 8:58 pm

"I can only escalate to the proper department" = "It's not my responsibility!"

What good is a Product Support site that cannot support/service the product? Seems the people working on the solutions (i.e. engineers as you call them) should be answering these questions. But based on the aforementioned response seems these issues are being forwarded by a "middleman" to the ultimate problem resolution specialist - interesting Customer Non-service Model.

BTW - my post yesterday was wrong - my replacement AVR from a competitor will be here earlier than expected - Thursday not Friday as expected! Yea!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum