Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR515 won't power on from remote control or from iPhone remote app

+6
iklein
Kormus
Defendant
dgoebel
OnkyoUSA
timmarks
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TX-NR515 won't power on from remote control or from iPhone remote app - Page 2 Empty Re: TX-NR515 won't power on from remote control or from iPhone remote app

Post  transmaster Sat May 05, 2012 3:35 am

I have the same problem with my TX-NR709. This is not with the Onkyo RC-807M remote but with the Onkyo2 App on my iPod Touch. It does not wake the receiver up when it has been shut down. This is not a big issue but I wanted to report this problem with the model Onkyo I have.

transmaster

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 won't power on from remote control or from iPhone remote app - Page 2 Empty Re: TX-NR515 won't power on from remote control or from iPhone remote app

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon May 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi transmaster,

Thank you for information.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 won't power on from remote control or from iPhone remote app - Page 2 Empty Can't turn on TX-NR616 with remote when receiver has been off for a while

Post  Tary Wed May 09, 2012 10:24 pm

I was having a similiar problem in that I could not turn on the TX-NR616 with the remote control if the receiver had been off for a while.
I had just got the receiver and I noticed the problem after I had done the firmware upgrade although I didn't try it before the upgrade. I reset the receiver and the problem went away until I tried to turn on the receiver the next day. Then it would not turn on with the remote, but once I turned it on with the receiver power button I could use the remote control normally and I could even turn the receiver off and on with the remote. Until I let it sit for a few hours and then I could no longer turn it on with the remote.
I called product support and they said to remove then replace the batteries in the remote. This seemed to fix it. Until I let it sit for a few hours and then I could no longer turn it on with the remote again.
I called two more times and the verdict from product support was to return the unit and get another one.
I guess my question is, is this problem a hardware problem (something is broken and I need to replace the receiver) or is this something that can be fixed with a firmware upgrade.
If I need to take it back I need to do it in the next week or so. Any ideas as to the nature of the problem?

Tary

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu May 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Hi Tary,

Please see the following post from Onkyo:

TX-NR515/616 remote control not turning your receiver "on" topic
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iklein Thu May 17, 2012 6:44 pm

I just returned the 616... and bought a DENON!

iklein

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri May 18, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi iklein,

We are sorry to hear that.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 won't power on from remote control or from iPhone remote app - Page 2 Empty Am I the first 818 User Having the Same Issue?

Post  Laser Sharp Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:40 am

Brand New TX-NR818 just bought from Amazon (got here yesterday). Very excited to replace my Yamaha which had weak bass. But the new 818 is already acting up. Sometimes the remote won't turn on the unit (I'm talking about both the Onkyo remote and a Logitech universal remote). This happens randomly. Sometimes I can't turn on the unite even after just a few seconds of turning it off. But other times I can turn it on. What is going on?

Laser Sharp

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Laser Sharp wrote:Brand New TX-NR818 just bought from Amazon (got here yesterday). Very excited to replace my Yamaha which had weak bass. But the new 818 is already acting up. Sometimes the remote won't turn on the unit (I'm talking about both the Onkyo remote and a Logitech universal remote). This happens randomly. Sometimes I can't turn on the unite even after just a few seconds of turning it off. But other times I can turn it on. What is going on?

Have you updated the firmware version of this receiver? What is the firmware version currently enabled on this receiver?

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2