cannot connect to pandora, vtuner,dlna

View previous topic View next topic Go down

cannot connect to pandora, vtuner,dlna

Post  alarsen40 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:50 pm

I have had the nr 609 for a couple weeks and have had no issues with connecting to pandora, vtuner or dlna. Now when I try pandora it tells me cannot connect to server. with vtuner is tells me cannot connect. With dlna it connects to computer but no music shown. I did a factory reset and no change. I have 2 android phones with the onkyo remote app on them. I just set up the second one the day before this happened. Before that I could stream music from my android phone to the receiver, but cannot do that now.

alarsen40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: cannot connect to pandora, vtuner,dlna

Post  OnkyoUSA on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi alarsen40,

Is this a hardwired connection or are you going wireless? Also are you able to see the "NET" gui on your TV screen if it is connected with a HDMI cable?
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  alarsen40 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:45 pm

It is hardwired and yes I can see the Net gui . When I try to connect to pandora I get the message "cannot connect to server, server may be busy try again later". I can log onto the receiver from my computer, so I know it is connected to the network. The net light is on and not blinking.

alarsen40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi alarsen40,

Try connecting directly to the modem bypassing your router if you can to see if this works.
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  alarsen40 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Conneced receiver directly to modem. Still same issue. Can see the net light on and Net gui but says "cannot connect to server, server may be busy try again later". I tried to do firmware update and got error 3-81. It did not update.

alarsen40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi alarsen40,

While it is hard connected try a reset of the receiver and retry. You may also want to reset your router. To do the reset of the TX-NR609 you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

similar issue

Post  coxie2 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:16 am

I had my 609 for less than a day. Did not change anything from right out of box. Was able to connect to the net, laptop on same network displayed that "Windows Media Player has detected new device, the 609 showed up on my network device screen, was able to get on Pandora. Next morning I did a firmware upgrade, receiver displayed "down loading" and then "writing". Once completed, I powered the receiver up and everything was ok until I attempted to use Pandora. Checked all the settings (which I had not changed). Spoke with a tech rep at Crutchfield who had me try several things to no avail. Then spoke with a rep at Onkyo who's only advise was to do a reset. Have not tried that yet as I really don't want to have to go through a complete set up if a reset will not resolve the problem. Crutchfield was going to ship me another unit which tells me there may be an issue with the 609. Can anyone help ??

coxie2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi coxie2,

Try resetting your router while the receiver is turned off. When the router is back up please turn on the receiver and retry logging into Pandora. Keep in mind that the Pandora login works fine in our lab.
One other thing you may have to reset the receiver also if this does not work.
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coxie2 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:38 pm

Thanks guys. I followed your advice and it seems to have worked. Now one of my laptops (connected wireless to network) shows a possible conflict "two devices having same I P address". When I checked the 609 details it shows I P address of 1.0.0.5. Is this a concern as I will not be using both the laptop and 609 at the same time ? If so, how can I resolve ?

coxie2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi coxie2,

Glad to hear your issue is resolved. As far as having duplicate IP addresses in your network that, will need to be discussed with your router manufacturer. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Which one worked?

Post  rklockner on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:06 pm

Did the factory reset work, or turn the receiver off, then reset the cable modem?

I am having the same issue, but mine started about a month ago with Slacker not being available, so I started using Pandora. Now Pandora is unavailable, and the rest of the apps (I started creating accounts to see if I could get others to work).

As a side note since I added my TX-NR717 to the network, my TV periodically won't let me connect to any network resources, and I have to release/renew the IP.

rklockner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:38 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coxie2 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:09 am

rk
Here is a post I made back in July, maybe it will help

So I take it that you have no net connection thru the 609 ? When you power off the unit, is there a small "NET" lit up on the front display of the 609 ? I had an issue of not being able to connect to the internet and then talked with a customer service / tech at Crutchfield's who had me do the following. 1) On the 609 go into setup and to the network part of that. 2) Enable network control and save 3)Power down the 609 (the "NET" light on front should now be on). 4) Power down your router and unplug for 20 - 30 sec. 5) Power up your router and allow full reboot. 6) Unplug the 609 for 20 -30 sec., reconnect and power up the 609.(the NET light on front should be lit). 7) Go into setup and to the network part (you should see values in the all the fields DNS, IP, etc.) Cool Exit out of setup and try connecting to your service. If you have a desk top or Laptop connected thru the router, they may indicate that they have detected new device. Enabling the network control keeps the ethernet port on the back on even with power off to the unit,

Not sure if this helps, but good luck. Keep us posted.

coxie2

View user profile Send private message Send e-mail

Back to top Go down

coxie2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top