tx-NR807 no audio on start up

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: tx-NR807 no audio on start up

Post  taz2767 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:13 pm

wow hope it doesnt take 5 weeks for mine to be repaired, since everything is tied into my reciever and without it i have to plug and unplug to watch another source, ie satelite box, bluray player ps3. I cant beleive that Onkyo is well aware of the problem and they cant resolve the issue any quicker.

taz2767

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:38 pm

taz2767 wrote:i have the same issue that i found that several others have had with their TX-NR807. It has no sound at all everything else appears to work but no sound. i had spoken to Michael at the service center a few weeks ago who advised me that I could send it back in for repair and they would fix even though its out of warranty. I purchased it on 07/18/2010. I took it to best buy yesterday but they told me its out of warranty and didnt want to send it out. after a long conversation with the store manager they agreed to send it in for repairs but cautioned me on it not being under warranty.
My question is can you provide me with some type of authorization number that i can give best buy so that they wont be any delay or confussion on getting it taken care of.
I love this receiver and loved Onkyo until this happened and as i researched the issue and found so many people having the same issue. Wow i was shocked. I hope we can remedy this issue so that i can continue to enjoy my surrond sound at home.

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding obtaining a one-time warranty and service agreement to have your receiver repaired. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services department to inquire about either having your receiver serviced since you are not under warranty. Please include the serial number of your unit and copy of sales receipt as well in your response. Please also complete the CUSTOMER STATEMENT form and submit back to our Parts & Services department and to the service center you will be instructed to have documentation of the issue(s) you are experiencing for servicing.

You will also need to submit a copy of your sales receipt via fax (201) 934-7823 or email: parts@us.onkyo.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for further processing of your service ticket and to contact the service center and await a response via phone or email. Please contact the department if you do not receive any information after 5 business days from submitting documentation.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nj3young on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:31 pm

But have there been any upgrades?

Nj3young

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SS1234 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Another NR807 bites the dust...

SS1234

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:58 pm

SS1234 wrote:Another NR807 bites the dust...

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding obtaining a one-time warranty and service agreement to have your receiver repaired. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services department to inquire about either having your receiver serviced since you are not under warranty. Please include the serial number of your unit and copy of sales receipt as well in your response. You will also need to submit a copy of your sales receipt via fax (201) 934-7823 or email: parts@us.onkyo.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for further processing of your service ticket and to contact the service center and await a response via phone or email. Please contact the department if you do not receive any information after 5 business days from submitting documentation.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

yes another to

Post  japiejoo on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:32 pm

hello all,
first I want to apologize for my bad english.
I am Hans from the Netherlands and I have the TX-NR807 with the HDMI problems.
I thought onkyo is worldwide
on the front of the unit is indicated UK Edition and i live in Holland
so onkyo UK told me:

Hi Hans
I am sorry but we do not send spares out to our customers. We can repair it for you though but there may be complications because the unit was originally purchased in UK - our warranty is only valid in the country in which the unit was purchased.

now i have a big problem with an equippment of €1000,- and the device is just outside the warranty
it can not be that a device of € 1000, - as soon breaks down?
on the internet I read a lot of complaints about this device
this can only be a design error.

who can help me please??

hans

japiejoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:34 pm

japiejoo wrote:hello all,
so onkyo UK told me:

Hi Hans
I am sorry but we do not send spares out to our customers. We can repair it for you though but there may be complications because the unit was originally purchased in UK - our warranty is only valid in the country in which the unit was purchased.

now i have a big problem with an equippment of €1000,- and the device is just outside the warranty

who can help me please??

hans

Hello Hans;

I have forwarded your posting to the proper regional Onkyo Product Support representatives to further service your issue. They will be contacting you promptly; as this forum is for US and Canadian Onkyo customers.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

This is a joke

Post  msaulters on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:00 am

Mine went out months ago, and I called the support number and was redirected to online, and I contacted online and was told I would need the sales receipt. I went to Fry's to get that and submitted it MONTHS ago and never heard a damned thing from Onkyo in the mail or online. In the meantime, I got it working using the trick of factory resetting, and simply left it powered on and muted when not in use. That worked for months but now, of course on Thanksgiving, it is completely dead, and factory reset is not working.

Onkyo used to be the best brand in the business, but after receiving a runaround from support and then NO response whatsoever, I am going out tomorrow on Black Friday and buying a receiver from another company. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ONKYO AGAIN!!!

msaulters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

No Audio TX-NR 1007

Post  FATBOY2K on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:49 am

Same problem as the other posts no output audio from any source analog nor digital. No speaker icons. Let it cool for a while and then it starts working. Is this possibly a soldering defect on the HDMI board? Seems temperature sensitive and thats usually the issue if it comes and goes and doesnt' stay broken. I saw someone mention resistors burning up on the HDMI board but I don't smell anything. Is this a heat issue? Do we need to cool it with a muffin fan?

Whats the fix for the NR 1007 send it in and wait and get it back then it breaks again? I purchased mine from New Egg on November 27, 2009. I don't I still have the receipt, is it necessary?

The old Nissan 300Z had that issue on their 5 volt PS that powered the electronic dashboard many years ago $500 for a new DC PS or just find and repair the bad solder joint. Same stuff different day.

Houston Texas

FATBOY2K

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  japiejoo on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:31 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:
so onkyo UK told me:

Hi Hans

who can help me please??

hans

Hello Hans;

I have forwarded your posting to the proper regional Onkyo Product Support representatives to further service your issue. They will be contacting you promptly; as this forum is for US and Canadian Onkyo customers.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator

Hello,

do you know when they contacted me?
How do they contacted me, by email?
it would be very nice to have music at home for Christmas.
Hello,

why onkyo told in the UK that they can not help me?

thanks
Hans Uijt de boogaardt
Hi Hans Uijt de boogaardt,
I'm sorry I did mis-understand yes. We do not repair them - we replace them totally. So this is not possible either i'm afraid.

MfG / Sincere Regards
Customer care / PL / DR / MC / SK / UZ
ONKYO Europe Electronics GmbH
Liegnitzerstr. 6
D-82194 Groebenzell / Germany
Tel. ++49-(0)-8142-4401-0

Thanks for the answers

Hans

japiejoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:06 pm

I will have this posting reviewed by upper management here in the US and they will need some time to contact their counterparts for further assistance.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807

Post  japiejoo on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:33 am

Hello,

I got an answer from onkyo UK:
thus I am very happy and want to thank you.

Hi Hans Uijt de boogaardt,
I have carried out the trace on your receiver and found that you genuinley purchased the unit in Holland from a Dutch store - so as a gesture of good will, we will repair your unit for you in Holland and pay for any spare parts that are required leaving you with only postage and labour costs that may be raised.

Please forward this e-mail to the repair centre as authorisation for this to happen.

Have a good day!

japiejoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:28 pm

No problem. If you need any further assistance; please contact us via phone, email, or via our Onkyo Forum at http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com/f1-welcome-to-the-onkyo-forum.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

No Audio on Startup of NR807

Post  tavaruas on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:19 pm

My NR807 receiver, which is just 3 months out of warranty, no longer has audio. I've tried resetting the factory settings and also unplugging and replugging the power supply. No luck. Also, under harware setup the "Firmware update" option is grayed out, so I can't try updating the firmware. This seems to be a very common problem with this receiver based on other similar posts on this site.

tavaruas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DADEO on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:57 am

Reading the posts, I would just like to say "Well Done Onkyo" in regards to Hans Uijt de boogaardt.

DADEO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:02 pm

tavaruas wrote:My NR807 receiver, which is just 3 months out of warranty, no longer has audio. I've tried resetting the factory settings and also unplugging and replugging the power supply. No luck. Also, under harware setup the "Firmware update" option is grayed out, so I can't try updating the firmware. This seems to be a very common problem with this receiver based on other similar posts on this site.

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept. at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding the possibility of obtaining a one-time warranty and service agreement to have your receiver repaired or possible trade-in option. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services department to inquire about either having your receiver serviced since you are not under warranty. Please include the serial number of your unit and copy of sales receipt as well in your response.

You will also need to submit a copy of your sales receipt via fax (201) 934-7823 or email: parts@us.onkyo.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for further processing of your service ticket and to contact the service center and await a response via phone or email. Please contact the department if you do not receive any information after 5 business days from submitting documentation.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tavaruas on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Thank you Onkyo for promptly responding to my issue and agreeing to provide a one-time repair to my receiver which is just out of warranty by a few months. I've taken the receiver to the designated repair center and understand it will be 2-3 weeks before they complete the repair.

tavaruas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mcunningham on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:17 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:
mcunningham wrote:I too, am having the exact same problem. Called Customer Service who was absolutely zero help. The guy on the phone pretended like he never heard of this problem before. Come on, this is a known issue and should be taken care of quickly. I have not been able to use my receiver for over 6 months now. I just recently had to pull the entire tv (58", heavy plasma) to rewire it with the HDMI so the sound was not routed through the receiver. Spending $800 on a receiver that quits working, with no solution is rediculous! I have a 909 receiver in my basement that is almost 20 years old, it works as good as the day I got it. Why won't Onkyo stand behind their problems and just fix this?

Mark

Please forward a copy of your sales receipt showing the dealer and date of purchase, along with the following information to onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com ATTN: FORUM MODERATOR:

- NAME:
- FORUM USERNAME/ HANDLE:
- MAILING ADDRESS:
- CITY/ STATE:
- ZIP CODE/ POSTAL CODE:
- EMAIL:
- SERIAL NUMBER OF RECEIVER:
- MODEL NUMBER OF RECEIVER:
- DATE OF PURCHASE:
- ISSUE WITH RECEIVER:

I will have this reviewed by the Parts & Services department promptly. Thank you for your cooperation regarding this issue with your Onkyo receiver.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator

Update on my Onkyo
I contacted Customer Service as advised. I was told I could take my receiver to one of several repair centers in my area. I was instructed to drop off my unit at a place in Indianapolis. Too bad, I don't live in Indy but rather Cincinnati. It's only 150 miles away! With that said, I had to pay $35 to ship the unit to Indy.

After a few weeks, my unit arrived back to me. I quickly hooked it up to determine that the audio was fixed. But, my picture was not acceptable as anything that was moving, became blurred. Anything stationary, looked fine but a scrolling ticker tape like ESPN (scores) was so blurry, you couldn't make it out. Therefore, the unit had to be sent back out (another $35) to be looked at.

Several more weeks had passed without hearing anything. Therefore, I sent an email to find the status. That was a couple days ago. Still no response.

Having had the need to purchase another A/V receiver for another room, I had no other choice than to choose another brand than Onkyo (went with Yamaha) since I am not confident in the current technology. It simply does not work and doesn't seem to be repairable. Jury is still out on my current 807. But, I'm getting the feeling that I wasted $800 on this unit. It's a shame because I always recommended Onkyo and have purchased Onkyo equipment for myself for many, many years. Additionally, I know I have bought at least 1/2 dozen systems for friends and family and set up their systems. I hate to say that I don't think I'll be able to do that anymore unless I get reliable resolution, quickly.

mcunningham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  japiejoo on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:02 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:
so onkyo UK told me:

Hi Hans

who can help me please??

hans

Hello Hans;

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator

Hello Onkyo,

on December 5, 2012 I have my send my amplifier for repair under warranty
the first HDMI board what they replaced was defective
Fortunately they discovered this before the unit had returned
yesterday I received the unit back from repair and hdmi board is again defective
the device will be sent back for repair again.
I'm afraid this is going to be an agony
This kind of HDMI board is simply not well constructed and will continue to give problems, I think
is there any other solution?
Now I have warranty but soon should I pay for everything myself
yours sincerely
Hans Uijt de boogaardt

japiejoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  japiejoo on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:28 am

i got a answer from
CustomerCare_EU [customercare_eu@eu.onkyo.com]

to be continued

Hans

japiejoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

i heard nothing from onkyo Germany

Post  japiejoo on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:33 pm

japiejoo wrote:i got a answer from
CustomerCare_EU [customercare_eu@eu.onkyo.com]

to be continued

Hans

Hello Onkyo

tha last answer i get from CustomerCare_EU [customercare_eu@eu.onkyo.com] in Germany was:
and after that answer i heard nothing and i have still a defect AMP.
please who can help me???

Thank you very much
Hans Uijt de boogaardt

2013/1/19 CustomerCare_EU <customercare_eu@eu.onkyo.com>
Hi Hans,
I have forwarded your e-mail to my customer care manager in Germany to see what can be done for you above and beyond - it may be just another good will repair but we will wait and see. I will contact you on Monday to see where we go from here.

Brian D

MfG / Sincere Regards
Customer care / PL / DR / MC / SK / UZ
ONKYO Europe Electronics GmbH
Liegnitzerstr. 6
D-82194 Groebenzell / Germany
Tel. ++49-(0)-8142-4401-0
customercare_eu@eu.onkyo.com
customercare_de@eu.onkyo.com
http://www.onkyo.net

japiejoo

View user profile