Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nr609 problems, questions

+2
OnkyoUSA
mikehartigan
6 posters

Go down

nr609 problems, questions - Page 2 Empty Re: nr609 problems, questions

Post  westdc Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:11 pm

MRJM wrote:My issue is not firewall related since my receiver can read the music directory, but for some reason gives the error "Cannot Play." Also the internet radio works fine. So again, the network is connected, but playing music is disabled. Help!

Your Problem is with Windows and it's settings for Sharing under network permissions in win7- Look in the advanced folder under windows network.

That is why you can stream music but cannot play from your music folder in win7- Check you WIn Help folder under network file sharing for info

westdc

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:18 am

Hi westdc,
Thank you for your assistance on this thread. We appreciate it and have a great weekend.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

nr609 problems, questions - Page 2 Empty Service tech cannot reproduce the problem

Post  mikehartigan Thu May 03, 2012 11:02 am

(note: I am the author of the original post in this thread)
My 609 has been in the shop for three weeks. The tech called me a few days ago and advised that he cannot reproduce the problems. He indicated that he has had reports of similar issues from other U-Verse customers, suggesting perhaps an incompatibility of some sort. Is Onkyo making any effort to collect and analyze such reports? FWIW, as suggested in an earlier reply, I bypassed the switch and connected the receiver directly to the Cisco router (modem). The symptoms remained (DVR playback, obviously, could not be tested this way since the receiver does not directly use the network connection for this)

Additional symptoms:
1. (this seems like it might be a big clue) Intermittent audio dropouts lasting one second or so during DVR playback. Significantly, these occur consistently in the exact same places during playback, originally suggesting a bad recording. However, HDMI directly from STB to TV does not exhibit these dropouts, so the recording appears to be fine. Perhaps there's something in the digital audio stream that the 609 does not support (but that the Samsung TV has no problem with)? Video appears to be unaffected. Curiously, I've only observed this while playing videos of rock concerts (louder? more complex waveforms? - seems unlikely, but who knows?). Is there any way I can capture the digital audio from one of these events and forward it to you for analysis? I should also note that the optical connection exhibits the identical symptoms as HDMI.
2. After changing channels or pausing the STB, there’s no audio for 2-4 seconds (similar to #4 in my earlier list of symptoms, but the interval is longer). HDMI from STB directly to the TV, played through the TV’s speakers does not exhibit this problem.

If I hadn't paid so much money for this receiver, I'd be inclined to sell it on ebay and simply buy another brand. As it is, I like the features that this receiver provides and I feel that the adage "you get what you pay for" applies here in the sense that I don't believe I cheaped out on this particular model. Any chance we can make this work? It's important to note that this is the only device in my home that is having these issues, including a six year old Denon receiver in another room and an old Sony receiver that preceded that. Even my U-Verse STB plays DLNA sources without problems, despite its hideous user interface.

mikehartigan

Back to top Go down

nr609 problems, questions - Page 2 Empty Having same problem

Post  jaydon53 Wed May 09, 2012 8:52 pm

None of the Net functions work on my TXNR-609 VTuner selections seem to attach, show as buffering, and then I get the Cannot Play. Something similar occurs with Pandora. Assuming my account is not cached in the receiver, my stations are there. Once a station is selected, it displays as if it ready for a song, but nothing starts and the times are zeroed.

Nothing has changed, network config wise. Changing the network cable did nothing.

jaydon53

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu May 10, 2012 2:26 pm

Hi jaydon53,

Have you tried to connect direct to the modem bypassing the router if any?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jaydon53 Thu May 10, 2012 3:06 pm

Changing the cable and the connection, bypassing the router, did nothing. I had to do a system restore, which resolved the issue. Not the optimal solution, but better than nothing.

jaydon53

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu May 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi jaydon53,

I apologize for the inconvenience but we are glad it is working now.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down