Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A helpful hint to try for your Onkyo receiver... IT WORKS!!

2 posters

Go down

A helpful hint to try for your Onkyo receiver... IT WORKS!! Empty A helpful hint to try for your Onkyo receiver... IT WORKS!!

Post  FlyByNgt Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:01 pm

Seasons Greetings to All,

Onkyo Staff and Moderators, please leave this post on this board for others to try. I have suggested this to others on here. Many have had it solve their problem(s). Just last night someone with a TX-NR818 did this and wrote back that all is working fine now. I have also posted to the new forums. Nice look to the new forums, Congrats! I would be interested in helping out. I would love to be a Moderator or something. I am home and on these Forums at all hours due to my disability. Please let me know if I can do this.

I have found this has worked for myself and others on these forums I have suggested with success. If you have issues with your receiver and you have tried everything. TRY THIS. It is important to stress to unplug from power for AT LEAST 5 MINUTES.. NO LESS!

Unplug the unit from the power supply for at least 5 minutes. This is considered a "soft boot"; you will NOT lose any of your settings. After you have it unplugged for the 5 minutes. Plug the unit back in and give it a minute or so, and then turn the receiver on and hopefully this will help.

I have the TX-NR717, had a few issues that for the life of me could not figure out. Rolling Eyes

I Found and did this. My TX-NR717 has been working like a champ ever since. It has been over a month now with NO ISSUES!!

That GREAT ONKYO SOUND IS AMAZING!! cheers

I will always do this when all else fails and after a major update, etc. It makes sense if you think about it. PC's, Cells, Tablets all reboot after an updates, etc.

Hope this helps you out.

Please pass the tip along.

Ciao, FlyByNgt 12-14-12

See you all on the New Onkyo USA Support Forums at: Onkyo USA Support Forum Cool
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

A helpful hint to try for your Onkyo receiver... IT WORKS!! Empty Re: A helpful hint to try for your Onkyo receiver... IT WORKS!!

Post  OnkyoUSA Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:41 pm

PLEASE NOTE: THIS FORUM SITE WILL BE DEACTIVATED AND WILL PREVENT YOU FROM POSTING MESSAGES. WE ADVISE YOU TO REGISTER ONTO OUR NEW FORUM SITE: http://forums.onkyousa.com/ WITH YOUR EMAIL, MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBER OF YOUR RECEIVER. AS WE WILL NO LONGER REVIEW THIS FORUM EFFECTIVE TODAY.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator

Last edited by OnkyoUSA on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A helpful hint to try for your Onkyo receiver... IT WORKS!! Empty Re: A helpful hint to try for your Onkyo receiver... IT WORKS!!

Post  FlyByNgt Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:22 pm

Seasons Greetings All, santa

Mod. can you add a "Sticky" so it stays at top of these old forums for all who would like to try this after this forum is deactivated. Thank you.

See you all on the new forums.

Ciao, FlyByNgt 12-15-12
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyByNgt Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:48 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:PLEASE NOTE: THIS FORUM SITE WILL BE DEACTIVATED AND WILL PREVENT YOU FROM POSTING MESSAGES. WE ADVISE YOU TO REGISTER ONTO OUR NEW FORUM SITE: http://forums.onkyousa.com/ WITH YOUR EMAIL, MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBER OF YOUR RECEIVER. AS WE WILL NO LONGER REVIEW THIS FORUM EFFECTIVE TODAY.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator

Nice new forum site. All should go and register and check it out. Has lots of great features and very easy to navigate. Here is the link http://forums.onkyousa.com/

Ciao, FlyByNgt 12-15-12
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyByNgt Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:12 am

Bump up so topic stays on top. Mod, can you put a sticky on this? Thank you.
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down