TX-NR717 Recognition of Home Media Folders

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TX-NR717 Recognition of Home Media Folders

Post  antgud on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:52 pm

I just purchased a TX-NR717. The unit recognizes and connects to my home network without issue. I am able to play spotify. However, the unit does not consistently recognize my media folders on my home network, and when it does the folders can all of a sudden disappear causing whatever track that was playing to stop. I have a wired network using powerline adapters. I have music files both on my laptop as well as on a western digital NAS drive which I play through itunes. Both laptop and NAS drive as well as the receiver are not directly plugged into the router but instead are plugged into powerline adapters. Any thoughts on what could be done to solve intermittent recognition of folders?

antgud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR717 Recognition of Home Media Folders

Post  WizzBang on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:59 pm

I have the exact same setup with the exception that my WD my book live and my TX-NR717 are plugged directly into the router. No problems on my end playing music files.

WizzBang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:39 pm

NOTE: DLNA is only supported with the use of Windows Media Player 11 and Windows Media Player 12 on our receivers. It is NOT compatible with iTunes or any non-Windows Media Player. You can also try connecting onto your router to further determine if this resolves your issue.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top