Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HDMI Audio Channel Remapping

2 posters

Go down

HDMI Audio Channel Remapping Empty HDMI Audio Channel Remapping

Post  BombCenter Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:41 pm

In my HT room I have a 15ft diameter circle of (7) evenly spaced, ceiling mounted speakers with a couch in the middle. Below the center channel is the TV, sub, and entertainment peripherals, and below the left channel is a gaming PC. When watching media via the TV, the default channel map is correct, but since the PC is located below the left channel, all the channels are 'rotated' 51deg clockwise relative to the seating position at the PC. Is there a way to manually map the HDMI audio channels on the input from the PC so that side left -> left, left -> center, center -> right, right -> side right, etc., shifting all the speakers over one? If so, can i load the custom map into a profile so i can quickly swap between the default and custom maps? I also sent AMD support the same question since it'd be much easier/more preferable to do this @ driver-level via software, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Receiver is an Onkyo NR-609, audio output from PC is via graphics card.
PC specs in case they're relevant:
win7 x64 ult
asus rampage iv gene
intel core i7 3930k
16gb corsair dominator platinum ddr3 2400mhz
(2) amd radeon 6970 xfire

Last edited by BombCenter on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

BombCenter

Back to top Go down

HDMI Audio Channel Remapping Empty Re: HDMI Audio Channel Remapping

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:39 pm

I am going to inquire with Engineering about this issue so all comformity issues are being executed properly. I will advise you promptly of their response.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down