Remote App for Android phone (HTC EVO) - NR414 receiver

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Remote App for Android phone (HTC EVO) - NR414 receiver

Post  svjosh10 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:54 am

I have my firmwire updated and the latest app downloaded on my phone, but why can't the app find my receiver? When I click on the app it just pulls up a button for demo, or to search again.

I do have the wireless adapter connected as well, but that doesn't seem to work as well.

svjosh10

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Remote App for Android phone (HTC EVO) - NR414 receiver

Post  FlyByNgt on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:53 pm

svjosh10 wrote:I have my firmwire updated and the latest app downloaded on my phone, but why can't the app find my receiver? When I click on the app it just pulls up a button for demo, or to search again.

I do have the wireless adapter connected as well, but that doesn't seem to work as well.

Is your receiver on the wireless or wired setup? You state "I do have the wireless adapter sonnected as well" Only use one connection for your LAN. If you can wire it in. It is faster.

I have found and with helping others on this board with success. Try to uinplug the unit from the power supply for exactly 5 minutes. This is considered a "soft boot", you will NOT lose any of your settings. After you have it unplugged for the 5 minutes, plug it back in and see what happens. After it is plugged back in then try the app. Remember, place unit in Network Standby mode and see.

I have the TX-NR717, had a few issues that for the life of me could not figure out after a firmware update. Found and did this. My TX-NR717 has been working like a champ ever since cheers .

I will always do this after a major update. It makes sense if you think about it. PC's, Cells, Tablets all reboot after a update.

Hope this helps. ENJOY!

Post here and let all know if this works.

Ciao, FlyByNgt 11-29-12.
avatar
FlyByNgt

Posts : 100
Join date : 2012-09-12
Age : 56
Location : North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Remote App for Android phone (HTC EVO) - NR414 receiver

Post  svjosh10 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:20 pm

I do have the wi-fi adaptor because I don't have an LAN line close enough to plug in. I will try the soft boot to see if that works. Is the only way for the app to work is if I have the receiver plugged into my network? I was thinking of returning that and getting the bluetooth device instead. Maybe if I get this to work I won't need the bluetooth.

All this work just to have a cold beer with the neighbors while watching the game! cheers

svjosh10

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Remote App for Android phone (HTC EVO) - NR414 receiver

Post  FlyByNgt on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:54 pm

svjosh10 wrote:I do have the wi-fi adaptor because I don't have an LAN line close enough to plug in. I will try the soft boot to see if that works. Is the only way for the app to work is if I have the receiver plugged into my network? I was thinking of returning that and getting the bluetooth device instead. Maybe if I get this to work I won't need the bluetooth.

All this work just to have a cold beer with the neighbors while watching the game! cheers

Svjosh10, Yes it should work even with the wireless adapter, but yes, it has to be on the network that your receiver is connected to. The app has to run from the same network. Otherwords, you cannot lets say go to a friends house and log in to their network and try to reach your unit. They have to be on the same network. This could be why it is not seeing the receiver.

The bluetooth device is just for streaming audio, etc. to the receiver, WORKS GREAT!! It has nothing to do with the Wi-Fi adapter. If you are on a wireless connection, you need that adapter. You do have the Onkyo wireless LAN adapter correct?

Check these items out. Do a "soft boot" as you said. Hopefully you will be sitting down and enjoying that cold beer with your neighbors while watching the game soon. Very Happy

Best of luck. Let us know how you make out. Ciao, FlyByNgt 11-29-12
avatar
FlyByNgt

Posts : 100
Join date : 2012-09-12
Age : 56
Location : North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Remote App for Android phone (HTC EVO) - NR414 receiver

Post  svjosh10 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:54 am

Hello,

I wanted to let you know that I plugged in my wireless adapter, clicked on my network and it looks like I was connected, because I was able to stream music. However my adroid app still couldn't find the receiver. I tried the soft boot, and that didn't work either.

Any thoughts?

svjosh10

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Remote App for Android phone (HTC EVO) - NR414 receiver

Post  FlyByNgt on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:44 pm

svjosh10 wrote:Hello,

I wanted to let you know that I plugged in my wireless adapter, clicked on my network and it looks like I was connected, because I was able to stream music. However my adroid app still couldn't find the receiver. I tried the soft boot, and that didn't work either.

Any thoughts?

Hi svjosh10,

You will ONLY find your receiver when the unit is ON. Unless you set the NETWORK STANDBY to ON. If you have NETWROK STANDBY set to OFF you will only see your receiver when the unit is on. If you do not have your NETWORK STANDBY set to ON, when you have the app running and shut down the receiver you will NOT be able to power back on or find on your network unless you try putting the NETWORK STANDBY to ON.

Let us know if this helps.

Have a great day. Ciao, FlyByNgt 12-5-12
avatar
FlyByNgt

Posts : 100
Join date : 2012-09-12
Age : 56
Location : North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Remote App for Android phone (HTC EVO) - NR414 receiver

Post  svjosh10 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:22 pm

I wanna say that I have the standbye option on, but have only tried to open the app when I have been directly in front of the receiver and it has been on. I can try again tonight to see if for some reason I just missed something.

svjosh10

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Remote App for Android phone (HTC EVO) - NR414 receiver

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum