Multi Zone Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Multi Zone Question

Post  WizzBang on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:18 pm

I have a new TX-NR717 on the way and have a couple of questions. Looking at the Onkyo Remote 2 app, the tone controls only seem to be active for the main listening area. Is this really the case or can the tone be adjusted separately for each zone? Next question.... I intend to have zone 2 & 3 speakers. Will the main zone stay 5.1 channels until I turn on zone 3?

WizzBang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Multi Zone Question

Post  OnkyoUSA on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:50 pm

In regards to your questions; the tone controls are ONLY available for the MAIN zone and not the multi-zones. This option is only available on select units and has NOT been included on any current 2012 Onkyo unit. It is available on last year's models (i.e. TX-NR 809 and above models and 2012 Integra models DTR 30.4 and higher units). Also, when using POWERED ZONE 2- the receiver reverts down to a 5.1 speaker configuration. When also using POWERED ZONE 3 (as stated in the owner's manual); the receiver will revert down to a 3.1 speaker configuration. To retain a 5.1 speaker output and utilize ZONE 3 (via an external amp or receiver), you will need to connect an external amp or speaker selector device into the ZONE 3 LINE OUT terminals found on the rear of the receiver for ZONE 3 playback. Note when using ZONE x LINE OUT terminals; the volume is FIXED from the TX-NR 717 and will need to be controlled via the external amp/ speaker selector box.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  WizzBang on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:44 am

Without having hooked up the receiver yet, i must say that the lack of tone control in the zones is a disappointment. Is there any tone adjustable at all for the zones? Can the zones be configured for speaker type or is the output to the zone purely an amplified input?

In regard to the zone 3 powered output. I'm not sure you answered me. Will the main zone be able to play 5.1 and revert to 3.1 when zone 3 is turned on? Or will configuring zone 3 as a powered zone disable 5.1?

WizzBang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:06 pm

When activating ZONE 3; the unit will revert to 3.1 speaker output. This is an excerpt from the manual (page 70):

• When Powered Zone 2 is used, playback in the main room is
reduced to 5.1 channels.
• When Powered Zone 3 is used, playback in the main room is
reduced to 3.1 channels.

If using ZONE 3 LINE OUT- the receiver will output in 5.1 in the main listening area and ZONE 3 will be powered via the external amp/ speaker selector box with volume control. If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top