Zone 2 Issue - Check Spk Wire

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zone 2 Issue - Check Spk Wire

Post  Lepus on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:35 pm

Have an Onkyo TX-NR3010 (wish it had air play), otherwise pretty cool receiver. Have 7.1 setup on main zone, and wired zone 2 to other speakers. When I used Oremote or Android Onkyo remote to play music in Zone 2, the receiver decided to power down. When it powered on again, it showed a message on the screen of the AVR stating "Check Skr Wire". Now I have no issue with my main zone at all, sounds awesome. So just in case I used the wires connecting my main zone into Zone 2, and same problem occurs. So I connect my Zone 2 speakers up to my Front Left/Right speaker connections and no problem. Now Zone 3 is set to no in the setup, and only Zone 2 is in use. Should I set both Zone 2 and Zone 3 to yes, or is there an actual problem with my Zone 2 outputs? I used wires with Banana Plugs on them just to ensure I wasn't shorting anything out, but Speakers hooked to Zone 2 would still power down the receiver.

Any help would be appreciated, I did use a Yamaha RX-A2010 for Zone 2 with no issue streaming wireless, so my diagnosis leads me to believe there is an issue with Zone 2 connection. confused

Lepus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zone 2 Issue - Check Spk Wire

Post  Lepus on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:51 am

Now I decided to hook up my main speakers to Zone 2 connections and when I played something, I was literally blown away by the sound, it sounded like it was as high as it could go. All I have to say is wife was not happy with me...

Lepus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:24 pm

lol!

If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday - Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lepus on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:56 pm

Well a new firmware came out, and I updated that, guessing it reset my receiver. I also removed all my speaker connections and remade them and it seems to have resolved the issue.

My other question is, is the manual supposed to come in the box with the receiver or is it only available online?
Thanks.

Lepus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:13 pm

The manual is now included as a CD-ROM disc for viewing; it is also available via our Onkyo Support website under the SUPPORT> DOWNLOAD CENTER submenus. This is a GREEN effort to reduce paper comsumption. If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top