Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo TX-NR818 9.2 with external amplifier for fronts

2 posters

Go down

9 2 nr818 - Onkyo TX-NR818 9.2 with external amplifier for fronts Empty Onkyo TX-NR818 9.2 with external amplifier for fronts

Post  maxoid Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:20 pm

I'm a happy owner of tx-nr609 and I'm considering upgrade to tax-nr818 now.
The specs say 818 can run 9.2 channels with external amp for SB/FH/FW.
I also own a Primare i22 integrated amp that I want to use for stereo with the same fronts and route 818 fronts via Primare using pre-out for my surround setup.

I was wondering if I'm going to be able to get 9.2 (FW+SB) with external amp driving fronts as oppose to SB/FH/FW as suggested in 818 manual and use internal amp section for driving FW+SB along with surround and center?

maxoid

Back to top Go down

9 2 nr818 - Onkyo TX-NR818 9.2 with external amplifier for fronts Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR818 9.2 with external amplifier for fronts

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:21 pm

The external amp has to be set to Surr Back, Front Wide, or Front High and you will also need to connect the external amp into the EXTERNAL AMP PRE-OUT terminals found on the rear of the TX-NR 818 (as depicted in the picture). So in your case; go into SETUP> SPEAKER SETUP> SPEAKER SETTINGS> scroll down to EXT AMP and press ENTER. You will now be available to select PRE-OUT for FRONT WIDE.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

9 2 nr818 - Onkyo TX-NR818 9.2 with external amplifier for fronts Empty Onkyo TX-NR818 9.2 with external amplifier for fronts

Post  maxoid Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:48 am

Thanks for prompt reply.

Just wanted to confirm that I understood you correctly.
If I'm using external amplifier with the fronts via pre-out I'm only able to drive 7.2. In order to get 9.2 external amp must drive SB/FW/FH. Is that correct?

Thanks a lot for your help.

maxoid

Back to top Go down

9 2 nr818 - Onkyo TX-NR818 9.2 with external amplifier for fronts Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR818 9.2 with external amplifier for fronts

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Correct. This is the configuration of 9.2 if you are already using FRONT, CENTER, SURROUND, and SURR BACK- you have the option of using either of the remaining speaker channels- FRONT HIGH or FRONT WIDE. If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down