Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Automatic Speaker Setup (Audyssey2EQ)

2 posters

Go down

Automatic Speaker Setup (Audyssey2EQ) Empty Automatic Speaker Setup (Audyssey2EQ)

Post  skelly7 Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:25 pm

When trying to use the automatic speaker setup (Audyssey2EQ) it constantly asks me to retry since it does not detect Surround Left (SL) or Surround Right (SR). I do not have surround L & R, but just surround back L & R. How do I get around this without SL & SR?

skelly7

Back to top Go down

Automatic Speaker Setup (Audyssey2EQ) Empty Re: Automatic Speaker Setup (Audyssey2EQ)

Post  The_Chemist Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:40 am

skelly7 wrote:When trying to use the automatic speaker setup (Audyssey2EQ) it constantly asks me to retry since it does not detect Surround Left (SL) or Surround Right (SR). I do not have surround L & R, but just surround back L & R. How do I get around this without SL & SR?

If you are setting up a 5.1 speaker system, you should use the L & R surround side speakers and NOT the surround back speakers. If you connect your back speakers to the surround side positions, then re-run Audyssey, I'm sure Audyssey will correctly detect the 5.1 setup.

The back speakers are only used in a 7.1 speaker setup, and then you would have your surround side speakers anyway.

Good luck!

The_Chemist
The_Chemist

Back to top Go down