Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-S3500 ARC

2 posters

Go down

HT-S3500 ARC Empty HT-S3500 ARC

Post  flyingnurse Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:01 am

I am having trouble setting up my ARC function with my Samsung Smart TV. When I set my source to STB I get sound but when I switch to TV/CD I get a picture only. All the settings are enabled. I was told I need a 1.4 HDMI to make this work but others say can use any HDMI cable. Do I need a 1.4 cable, or is my set up wrong?

flyingnurse

Back to top Go down

HT-S3500 ARC Empty Re: HT-S3500 ARC

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Correct- Audio Return Channel is only supported by HDMI version 1.4a cables. ? If your TV supports ARC, you can simply use the HDMI connected from your receiver into the TV to pass the audio signal from your TV into the receiver. You will just simply need to go into the SETUP menu on the receiver and scroll down to HDMI SETUP and press the ENTER button. Now scroll down to HDMI CONTROL (RIHD) and enable this feature by pressing the RIGHT > arrow button surrounding the ENTER button. When done, press the SETUP button to fully exit the menu. Now power off ALL devices (receiver, TV, CBL/ SAT box, DVD/ BD player, etc.). When all are powered down, turn on just the TV and CBL box and await 10 seconds before turning on receiver; if successful- the receiver should route itself to the TV/CD input. This input is used to connect the ARC function of both the TV and receiver (also check your TV SETTINGS to see if ARC is ENABLED). Also ensure that Samsung's ANYNET+ is also enabled and that the HDMI cable from the receiver onto the HDMI terminals are connected into the HDMI terminal labeled ARC as well.

If you are still experiencing the same issue , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down