Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR609 - Spotify Sporadically buffering

3 posters

Go down

TX-NR609 - Spotify Sporadically buffering Empty TX-NR609 - Spotify Sporadically buffering

Post  ozamora Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:03 pm

Happens all the time, just with Spotify. Everything else (Slacker Radio, Pandora, last.fm, streaming is fine).

Running the latest firmware from July 2012. I cannot post the video here (new member) but you can search it on Youtube as "Onkyo TX-NR609 - Spotify buffering sporadically" or "HnpEmGWmmsg"

Fix?

ozamora

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 - Spotify Sporadically buffering Empty Re: TX-NR609 - Spotify Sporadically buffering

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:35 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 - Spotify Sporadically buffering Empty Spotify Buffering Issues

Post  mangusta1969 Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:47 pm

You didn't specify whether or not you are using a Wi-Fi network connection with Spotify. If not, your first troubleshooting step should be to convert your network over to a wired ethernet connection and see it that improves things. I think the Spotify Premium application uses more Internet bandwidth (i.e. 192 Kbps) and that may cause buffering issues with a slower Wi-Fi network connection than other services such as Pandora (64 or 128 Kbps). Switching over to a wired ethernet connection will give you almost all of the bandwidth that your Internet provider is piping into your house.

Spotify is working perfectly with my AC Powerline ethernet connection on my NR717. I am using Trendnet TPL-303E transmitter/receivers for my setup. Hope this helps.

mangusta1969

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 - Spotify Sporadically buffering Empty Re: TX-NR609 - Spotify Sporadically buffering

Post  ozamora Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:51 pm

mangusta1969 wrote:You didn't specify whether or not you are using a Wi-Fi network connection with Spotify. If not, your first troubleshooting step should be to convert your network over to a wired ethernet connection and see it that improves things. I think the Spotify Premium application uses more Internet bandwidth (i.e. 192 Kbps) and that may cause buffering issues with a slower Wi-Fi network connection than other services such as Pandora (64 or 128 Kbps). Switching over to a wired ethernet connection will give you almost all of the bandwidth that your Internet provider is piping into your house.

Spotify is working perfectly with my AC Powerline ethernet connection on my NR717. I am using Trendnet TPL-303E transmitter/receivers for my setup. Hope this helps.

Yep Yep, it's wireless, hooked up to a dedicated transmitter N-Only wireless, 40 Mhz Channel Width. Pretty much "unlimited bandwidth"; stream Netflix and Amazon on Demand with no problems. Unfortunately I cannot hook it up to wired.

It is working fine now. A song will stop ocassionally for 5 seconds and continue.

ozamora

Back to top Go down

Post  mangusta1969 Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:47 pm

Ozamora,

Glad you are doing better with your Spotify performance, but your sporadic 5 seconds of buffering on Spotify probably still indicates you are running out of effective network throughput, even with your wireless N router. While 40 Mhz wireless N can achieve speeds of 40-60 Mbps under ideal conditions and short ranges, you are probably receiving much less throughput than that to your Onkyo receiver due to interference from neighbor's wi-fi channels or from RF obstructions within the house. Even the low end powerline devices deliver a reliable 40 Mbps throughput, regardless of internal construction obstructions; newer powerline devices can achieve much higher performance, too.

It would be a rare house that could not support AC powerline devices operating between floors as well as over long electrical wire runs on a large single floor house, bypassing the problems of many wi-fi obstructions within the house or on the grounds of a large house. I think the main limitation for the use of powerline ethernet devices would be if different electrical sub-panels in your house were connected and operating on different phases of your power company's AC supply. My house has 800 amp service and 5 sub-panels. I have verified the Trendline TPL-303E operates fine on several floors of my house and through circuit breakers in 3 of the 5 sub-panels. Maybe I got lucky, but I was happy to take something out of the box that "just worked" when plugged in.

mangusta1969

Back to top Go down

Post  ozamora Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:21 am

Never thought about powerline. Will give it a try. Thanks

ozamora

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum