Onkyo HT-S5500 No sound at all.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Onkyo HT-S5500 No sound at all.

Post  DrkGrnFire on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:53 am

Hello, I just have a few months with this home theater (Brand new from Fry's) but not the first one (HT-S3500) and everything was normal with HDMI but for some reason the optical didn't work with my Blu-Ray (Sony) and PS3, and just watching a movie the audio was gone..! no smog or short circuit, I check the HDMI cable (monster Cable) the Blu-Ray setting and the TV (Sony); even I reset the home theater to the factory setting few times, unplug the power more than 1 hr and still doing the same " no sound on all speaker". The amp is working I can configure almost everything but the audyssey doesn't work probability because the speaker. I have extended warranty from the store but I need to know if the are any factory defect on this system (recall), firmware update or what can I do before return this system to the store; I read a few comment about calling the service support (long waiting) and I appreciate any solution post about this problem Thank you.

DrkGrnFire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Onkyo HT-S5500 No sound at all.

Post  OnkyoUSA on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:41 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

I would need more information to further assist you; as in were you able to do the LEVEL CALIBRATION test-tone on the receiver and were able to hear the test tones? From your BD player; what audio connection are you utilizing- as you have mentioned both optical and HDMI cables. Please press the DISPLAY button on the receiver to indicate the current audio signal and format being presented by the receiver as well. There is NO information or known issues with the HT-S5500 and any issues which you have depicted as well. Please contact us so we can further evaluate this with you and resolve promptly.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DrkGrnFire on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:38 pm

Thank You for answering, I tried connected both again optical and HDMI (one at the time) and still do it the same, I connect Tritton ax720 Headphone just to check if the optical is working on my Blu-Ray and is fine, the HDMI connected directly to the TV is working. Trust me I check everything (option and levels) and I can't do any Calibration-Test (no tones from the speaker), the audio output is complete dead.
Thank You again for your time. I will go to the store to claim the warranty.

DrkGrnFire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:01 pm

How long have you owned this product? Do you have the original dated sales receipt? As the manufacturer's warranty is valid for 2 years from the original date of purchase; you can either contact the dealer for a product exchange if you are still within their exchange timeframe- or have the unit serviced at one of our authorized Onkyo service centers. We apologize for the inconvenience and issue you are experiencing with your new Onkyo unit and hope you experience no further servicing issues.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top