Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you Onkyo for your customer service...

3 posters

Go down

Thank you Onkyo for your customer service... Empty Thank you Onkyo for your customer service...

Post  FlyByNgt Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:36 pm

I am a long time Onkyo user. I purchased my first Onkyo receiver when I was 17.. I am now past 50 What a Face I would not go with another brand.. I have 3 receivers from Onkyo.

This year I purchased the new TX-NR616 only because I updated my TV to 3D and my TX-SR706 did not support 3D. Within days of getting the new NR616 started having problems with the passthrough, etc. I contacted Onkyo support and within a hour was contacted.. Jose, was the customer support rep that has helped me a great deal. (I am disabled and the contstant unplugging and/or resetting the receiver to be able to watch a movie or even just TV was truly painfull for me) Jose, took charge of my situation and has been amazing to say the least!

The original receiver was sent to Onkyo and another was sent to me.. that one lasted only a few days and had a few more different problems.. It continued. (During this whole time I was still under the store I purchased the receiver through's 30 day return policy). They did not have anymore TX-NR616's in stock and could not tell me when they would get more. In talks with Jose, and then Talia, they both were a great deal of help. In my case with my DJD Disability I feel they went over and above, were always in contact. I have never had a problem with any of my prior Onkyo products.

After checking settings, etc. Onkyo insturcted me to send the second unit back to them in NJ for replacement. I sent it out on a Friday, and the following Friday my new replacement was here as promised. cheers I was in too much pain to set it up right away. Started setting it up on Saturday, this time I bought all Banana clips (never knew these little jewels existed - saves the fingers.. lol), upgraded some of my surround speakers so my whole setup is Klipsch Synergy Series - I am using full 7-1 setup with front high speakers. WOW cheers The GREAT ONKYO SOUND I LOVE IS BACK cheers

Only problem with this replacement receiver is that when the TV is turned on (set on passthrough) when the receiver is not on.. I get a flashing of the picture and audio for like the 1st 15 minutes or so.. and once in a while as you are watching. Have a note into Jose in Onkyo's support... as always I am sure he will be right on top of it and will get back to me with a solution today.

All I can say to everyone is if you like me LOVE the ONKYO's line.. be patient, as you can see on all these boards Onkyo is being slammed with forum postings. As someone who once worked in customer relations, it is a very hard job on a normal basis.. now with these issues going on, I can only imagine what their customer support team is going through.

Thank you once again Jose, Talia and Onkyo. I hope we can get these few minor issues resolved as qucikly as possible.

FlyByNgt 10-10-12
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

Thank you Onkyo for your customer service... Empty forza italia...!

Post  marcogiudice79 Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:33 pm

i wish they would treat me the same.. the said they would send me a shipping label to send my brand new 818 back to onkyo and its been 2 months and still no shipping label to my addresss.... im not still wishing it'll get here. i know its not coming.. its just the point!
figli di butana.... ma va funculo!

marcogiudice79

Back to top Go down

Thank you Onkyo for your customer service... Empty Re: Thank you Onkyo for your customer service...

Post  maccat39 Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:52 pm

Check your email, when they send shipping labels sometimes they send them via email. So you just print them out. Also make sure that you check your junk mail filter, in that to besure it didn't get go into your junk mail.

maccat39

Back to top Go down

Thank you Onkyo for your customer service... Empty Re: Thank you Onkyo for your customer service...

Post  maccat39 Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Check your email, when they send shipping labels sometimes they send them via email. So you just print them out. Also make sure that you check your junk mail filter, in that to besure it didn't get go into your junk mail.

maccat39

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down