Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about Speaker Set-Up for Onkyo Receiver

2 posters

Go down

Question about Speaker Set-Up for Onkyo Receiver Empty Question about Speaker Set-Up for Onkyo Receiver

Post  robinemcd Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:48 pm

I have a TX-NR609 receiver. I run my cable box, BluRay player and Apple Airport through it. I am working with existing speakers - I have two sets of Bose Accoustimass 3 speakers (two small cubes and a subwoofer - R&L + and - from the receiver goes to the bass unit and the bass unit outputs to the two cubes R +&- and L +&-). One set of speakers is in the front of the room and are connected to the "FRONT" connections in the back of the Receiver and the other set of speakers is in the back of the room and connected to the "SURROUND" connection in the back of the receiver. I have another set of speakers on our deck that are connected to the Zone 2 speaker connections. I would now like to add another set of speakers that will be wall or ceiling mounted that will be in another room. Perhaps this isn't ideal, but is it possible? Would I connect these to the Rear or High Front speaker connections on the receiver? I am most interested in doing this for when I play music. I would like to have the same music that is playing in our living room also play in our dining room/kitchen. Since I need to buy another set of speakers anyway, I am wondering if I am better off adding a center speaker for the living room and using the speakers that I am currently using in the "FRONT" in the dining room/kitchen?

Thanks in advance,
Robin

robinemcd

Back to top Go down

Question about Speaker Set-Up for Onkyo Receiver Empty Re: Question about Speaker Set-Up for Onkyo Receiver

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:11 pm

Hi Robin,

I would suggest that purchase a speaker selector box which would run your Zone 2 speakers, your current ones and the ones you want to use in the Dinning Room/Kitchen. This would make for a better situation as if you connected the speakers in the front wide or high terminals you will not get the proper sound and you will have to be on All Channel Stereo in order to get the proper sound separation. I would definetly suggest that you add a center channel to the main listening area as this will give you proper dialog and a better sound stage. In conclusion I would configure it as a 5.1 surround in the main area, Fronts, Center, Surrounds and then the speaker selector box would run via the Zone 2 speaker terminal which would run your 2 sets of speakers in the Deck and Dinning Room/Kitchen. Please note that the speakers used in Zone 2 should be rated at 8 ohms anything lower can damage the receiver.

Hope this helps,

Forum Modarator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Question about Speaker Set-Up for Onkyo Receiver Empty Re: Question about Speaker Set-Up for Onkyo Receiver

Post  robinemcd Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:28 pm

Wow, thanks for the great advice! This is exactly the info I was looking for. I will also be added the center channel speaker to our home theater system.

Robin

robinemcd

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Glad to read this has been resolved by our suggestion. If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down