HDMI Pass through question for HT-R390

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HDMI Pass through question for HT-R390

Post  808onkyo on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

I have the HT-R390 hooked up to multiple components in my home theater. My question is is there a setting or way to set up the pass-through settings so that it will switch devices even when the power on the receiver is off. For example, there are many times when I use just the tv speakers and don't turn on the receiver. My cable box is hooked up via HDMI to the CBL/SAT input on the receiver. I also have an apple tv hooked up via hdmi to the GAME input on my receiver. The HDMI output on the receiver goes to my TV.

If i am watching a show from the cable box with the receiver off, and then decide to use the apple tv, I have to turn on the receiver, switch it to GAME, then turn the receiver back off. Is there any way to have this receiver switch the inputs without having to turn it on every time?

808onkyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HDMI Pass through question for HT-R390

Post  OnkyoUSA on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Under the HDMI SETUP submenu for HDMI THRU; do you currently have this option set to AUTO?
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  808onkyo on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:39 pm

I'm not at home right now, but I am almost certain that it is set to "AUTO"

808onkyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  808onkyo on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:26 pm

I checked, it is set to "auto"

808onkyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Upon further testing; we were able to do this using a DIRECT TV STB and APPLE TV on this receiver. When you are using this feature; have you tried power-cycling the cables' set top box for this function to work. This worked with no issues with DIRECT TV STB; but did experience an issue with the local cable provider's STB. As the cable boxes STB doesn't offer HDMI-CEC functionality to collaborate with the HDMI CONTROL function of the receiver. If you'd like a short video clip further demonstrating this; it can be provided shortly.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  808onkyo on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:50 pm

I tried it at my home and it would switch from the cable box to apple tv when I pushed a button on the apple tv remote. However, when I tried to get it to switch back to the cable box, it would not, even after cycling power off then on on the cable box. It is a scientific atlanta box from time warner cable. Also, I have a samsung bluray hooked up as well. It would switch from cable to bluray player when I powered on the bluray player. However, once the bluray was on, it wouldn't switch from bluray to either the cable box or apple tv. It's frustrating, because I know it can switch inputs when the receiver power is off, however it's pretty inconsistent. It is a hassle to power on the receiver, manually switch to the input I want and then power off the receiver. I only use the receiver when watching movies so 90% of the time it is powered off.

808onkyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top