Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-RC270 - Front LED Display Issue

2 posters

Go down

HT-RC270 - Front LED Display Issue Empty HT-RC270 - Front LED Display Issue

Post  mpopa Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:26 pm

This display goes off after the receiver has been in use for a few hours.

I tried Factory Reset (Standby & VCR/DVR) and adjusting the Dimmer settings with the remote control, without any success. No Direct or Pure Audio modes either.
The only to turn the display back on is to unplug the receiver and leave it alone for two or three days. Plugged it back in, power on, stays on for a while, then it's going black again.
Otherwise, the receiver works fine. It gets pretty warm, indeed, but I placed it in a clear area so the vents are not blocked in any way.

I am not sure if it has any relevance, because I can't tell exactly when the display problem first started, but the receiver has been recently serviced to fix the Automatic Continuous Change of Listening Modes and/or Remote Controller Commands are not accepted issue. The repair was done in Canada, by an authorized center in Richmond/BC. Onkyo's out of warranty assistance was perfect, thanks again!

I read about a possible fix for TX-SR805 and other models, by replacing two resistors, but my problem seems to be a little different, because the display eventually comes back on.

Thank you.

mpopa

Back to top Go down

HT-RC270 - Front LED Display Issue Empty Re: HT-RC270 - Front LED Display Issue

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:16 pm

How long have you owned this receiver? Thank you again for those who have recently provided the information requested regarding the setup of your HT-RC 270 Integra DTR 30.4 receivers. we here would like to further assist you with your issue. Please provide the following information to the following email address and address to the attention of the " FORUM MODERATOR: HT-RC 270 FORUM ISSUE" :

- FULL NAME:
- FORUM USER NAME/ HANDLE:
- MAILING ADDRESS:
- CITY/ STATE/ PROVINCE:
- EMAIL ADDRESS:
- CONTACT NUMBER(s):
- ONKYO MODEL NUMBER:
- CURRENT F/W version:

We would like to resolve your issues but need your prompt assistance with this matter. Thank you again for your time, patience, and cooperation with this issue.

Best Regards;
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mpopa Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply. I am going to send you the information that you have requested via Private Message, since I couldn't find any email address.

I really appreciate your help.

Best regards.

mpopa

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Sorry I apologize about that: please send your correspondence to onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

HT-RC270 - Front LED Display Issue Empty Defective, no warranty across the border

Post  mpopa Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Onkyo did it again!

I must retract my previous message, since my problem is on track to getting being resolved; quite promptly and in the most courteous and professional manner.

Thank you!

Last edited by mpopa on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

mpopa

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:08 pm

mpopa wrote:Well, it turns out that Onkyo does not provide warranty when the product is purchased from the USA and imported into Canada. I even offered to bring it back, to Washington, to no avail. My bad, it's all there, in the fine print.

My receiver has been recently serviced, for the Automatic Continuous Change of Listening Modes and/or Remote Controller Commands are not accepted issue; affecting other Onkyo models: TX-NR708, TX-NR709, TX-NR808, TX-NR1008, TX-NR3008, TX-NR5008, PR-SC5508, and HT-RC370.

And now, the LED display is gone, also a problem occurring in other Onkyo receivers.

Bad parts, in an expensive model, not quite stellar customer service.

I haven't used this receiver more than 50 hours and it already failed twice, in just a few months. I may need to buy another receiver. I have no choice but to steer away from this company. Will try to warn other people.

Please review your PM for further information.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down