Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iphone iOS 6.0 and Iphone application

2 posters

Go down

Iphone iOS 6.0 and Iphone application Empty Iphone iOS 6.0 and Iphone application

Post  mclxx Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:08 pm

My iPhone version was updated by Apple yesterday to version 6.0. My Onkyo iPhone application no longer sees my receivers when connected to my home network. Please advise as to when this application will be fixed to work with the latest version of the iPhone operating system. Thank you.

mclxx

Back to top Go down

Iphone iOS 6.0 and Iphone application Empty Re: Iphone iOS 6.0 and Iphone application

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:45 pm

What model receiver are you currently using? We are currently working on a resolution for this issue and will update you promptly.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Iphone iOS 6.0 and Iphone application Empty Re: Iphone iOS 6.0 and Iphone application

Post  mclxx Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:07 pm

TX-NR515. I have two on the same network.

mclxx

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:09 pm

We have tested with Apple products (iPhone 4s running iOS 6 and testing with iPad 2 and iPad 3). We did initially experienced this issue with ONE iPhone 4s- but after researching via forums- was able to determine that the iPhone 4s in question was recently purchased March 2012 and the other iPhone used for testing was purchased October 2011. The iPhone purchased in October 2011 did have issues with connection; whereas the March 2012 iPhone did not. Both devices are currently running iOS 6. Please review the following link for further information regarding the iPhone and iOS 6 compability issues: http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/20/3365882/ios-6-users-lose-bluetooth-audio-track-listings-and-control-features.

According to this and a few others that I had read, it seems as though that the issue is within the devices themselves so it's more of an apple issue not anyone else's.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mclxx Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:34 pm

I am very disappointed by your reply. This issue as described by me is not a bluetooth control issue. This issue is that the Onkyo application can not discover the Onkyo receivers on the wireless network. Since purchasing these receivers they have been plagued with HDMI dropping, network dropping and power on/off issues and have been subject to multiple firmware updates, some of which have looped multiple times while applying. Now with 2 iPhone 4s devices in my home running iOS 6, the application is no longer able to control the Onkyo receiver using the Onkyo application. While I have no doubt that this issue was caused by some change made in the iPhone OS, I fail to see how a problem with an Onkyo application written by Onkyo to support Onkyo equipment is my problem. Effectively by your answer, you have you have made it me, the consumer's issue. Don't forget who the customer is who spends the money on the Onkyo equipment and expects the features and functions to operate as sold. I am the one who has been wronged here. I suggest that Onkyo work with Apple to determine the exact issue at fault with the Onkyo application. Not yet has anyone suggested any troubleshooting or steps to isolate the cause of the failure, instead the finger was pointed at Apple based on some article which might or might not be related.

mclxx

Back to top Go down

Iphone iOS 6.0 and Iphone application Empty Re: Iphone iOS 6.0 and Iphone application - resolved

Post  mclxx Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:06 pm

This is for the benefit of anyone reading this in the same situation. Here is what it took to correct the issue. Because I have 2 phones and 2 receivers I was able to do some testing. I rebooted a receiver and it had no effect. I uninstalled the Onkyo application and reinstalled it, still could not discover the receivers. I rebooted a receiver and it became discoverable. Went to other iPhone still nothing. Reinstalled application on other iPhone and still nothing. Rebooted the receiver again, now both iPhones see one receiver. Rebooted second receiver, now both iPhones see both receivers. So I am working. However I strongly disagree that this is not an Onkyo related issue due to the testing above. However I highly doubt Onkyo will spend the time to investigate the root cause. So good luck to the rest of you who happened to buy Onkyo equipment. This will be my last purchase of it.

mclxx

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:22 pm

Please be advised that before posting a response; we have tested with some Apple devices (iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPad 2 and iPad 3, iPod Touch all running iOS 6 with the current Remote 2 app and even un-installed and re-installed) and had NO issues. So we went further to determine why only one of the four iPhone 4s devices had an issue. So to offer further assistance and not provide a generic response; a credible forum link was provided explaining the issue with the inability of iOS 6 and the iPhone 4s; just as you or someone else was experiencing. We can even provide video clips showing our effectiveness of the Onkyo and Integra Remote 2 apps in operation of our receivers as you were indicating the issues you were depicting. This issue was also noticed by other A/V manufacturers having the same issue as well. It is was noticed that the remote app was not functional with the receiver- we would have provided further information regarding this issue. We also had customers contact our Product Support department and were able to resolve their issues without any issues.

Forum Moderator

OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum