Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR414 Ethernet not working

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR414 Ethernet not working Empty TX-NR414 Ethernet not working

Post  cwalker3 Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:44 am

Hello,

I have a brand new TX-NR414 that is working great, save for the ethernet port. I have verified router, port, and cable functionality with other devices. Normally when I plug a hot device into the router - my AppleTV for example - the router port lights up right away. When I plug my 414 in, I get no light on the router, and the receiver menu tells me that my cable is unplugged. I've ensured a nice 'click' when plugging in, and pushed it in extra tight for good measure.

Do I possible have a DOA network port? Is there anything else I can try?

DHCP is enabled on my router, and I've tried both DHCP and fixed IP's on the receiver to no avail.

cwalker3

Back to top Go down

TX-NR414 Ethernet not working Empty Re: TX-NR414 Ethernet not working

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:28 pm

Are you plugging your router directly into the NR 414's ethernet port and not seeing any response from the reciever or router? Are you trying to connect your Apple TV into the receiver via the ethernet port instead of an HDMI port? Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Friday 9am- 8pm/ Saturdays and Sundays 10am- 4pm EST). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cwalker3 Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:15 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Are you plugging your router directly into the NR 414's ethernet port and not seeing any response from the reciever or router? Are you trying to connect your Apple TV into the receiver via the ethernet port instead of an HDMI port? Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Friday 9am- 8pm/ Saturdays and Sundays 10am- 4pm EST). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
Yes, I'm cabling directly from my router to the 414's ethernet port, and not seeing any response from the receiver or router.

I only mentioned AppleTV to say that I used the same ethernet cable to verify that my AppleTV could connect to the same router port via ethernet. Thus, AppleTV helped confirm that the cable I am using and the router port are functioning. Outside of that, AppleTV is not relevant to this conversation.

My verified cable connected to my verified router port will not work when connected to the 414 ethernet port.

cwalker3

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:51 pm

How long have you owned this product? Do you have the original dated sales receipt? As the manufacturer's warranty is valid for 2 years from the original date of purchase; you can either contact the dealer for a product exchange if you are still within their exchange timeframe- or have the unit serviced at one of our authorized Onkyo service centers. We apologize for the inconvenience and issue you are experiencing with your new Onkyo unit and hope you experience no further servicing issues.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cwalker3 Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:51 pm

I was hoping I was simply doing something wrong, or it was perhaps a configuration setting I was missing.

cwalker3

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Try this, disconnect the receiver from the power source for approx 3-5 minutes. Remove the ethernet cable from the receiver while doing this as well. Reconnect the power cord onto the power source and power up the receiver again. Then reconnect the ethernet cable onto the rear of the receiver. Press the NET button and await for the "NOW INITIALIZING" message to disappear. You should now be able to interact with the NET functions of the receiver.

If you are still experiencing the same issue(s), Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Friday 9am- 8pm/ Saturdays and Sundays 10am- 4pm EST). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cwalker3 Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:59 pm

I fixed the issue with a firmware update via USB.

cwalker3

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Glad to read this has been resolved by the firmware update. If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Friday 9am to 8pm EST/ Saturday- Sunday 10am to 4pm EST: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down