Pushing the boundries of the NR515

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pushing the boundries of the NR515

Post  westcoast604 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:44 pm

I have to say I love this AVR. It is the first AVR my friends can actually figure out and use without me having to explain everything. That says a lot.

I talked my brother into buying a 515 and a 616 for his vacation home to run sound in the house. What I would like to do is be able to play the same source of music throughout the house at the same time, so I was wondering if a person can connect the RCA output from the 515 zone 2 output and feed it to an analog input on the 616 downstairs. I am wondering if the zone 2 RCA output of the 515 still provides a signal out for the second amplifier if you have a set of zone 2 speakers also being powered off the 515 on its zone 2 speaker terminals.

If that is the case then I would be able to play an analog music feed in all 4 zones at the same time.

I had originally planned on running a cat5e from the HDMI sub out on the 515 to a digitial HDMI input on the 616, but since zone 2 on the 616 can not play a digital input I would only be able to get music in three zones and not four.

Any thoughts on that?
Gary

westcoast604

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pushing the boundries of the NR515

Post  d6500k on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:25 pm

Gary, try it! I'm under the impression you are already firing a a/b set off of the 515 correct? Then you want to use the pre outs to the 616 (analog) and use another speaker suite for that avr?

Without looking at the om for the 515, experience tells me that the preAmp outs should do the job.

I'll dig up a 515 om to see if any conflict might occur, but I really doubt it
Doug k

d6500k

View user profile http://www.6500kcalibrations.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark515 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Some positive feedback on the NR515, that's promising. What's your TV/source set up look like. Have you had any of the HDMI main out issues people have been experiencing?

Thanks

Mark

Mark515

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum