Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR818 turns off while in Tuner Mode

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR818 turns off while in Tuner Mode Empty TX-NR818 turns off while in Tuner Mode

Post  Flow Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:49 am

Hi There,

when in Tuner mode, the 818 seems to turn itself off with no reason after some time. I've observed this on two Devices and was wondering what I can do to prevent this from happening. Ideas anyone? Thanks Very Happy

Tobias

Flow

Back to top Go down

TX-NR818 turns off while in Tuner Mode Empty Re: TX-NR818 turns off while in Tuner Mode

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:07 pm

If you are still experiencing the same issue(s), Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

You can reach Product Support at 800-229-1687, they are here from 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm Sat. and Sun., eastern std. time.

Thanks,

Forum Modarator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR818 turns off while in Tuner Mode Empty Re: TX-NR818 turns off while in Tuner Mode

Post  Flow Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:22 pm

I had a closer look and apparently it has to do with the menu setting that switches the receiver into standby after 30 minutes without any input signal. Even though my problem could be "fixed" by turning this function off, I would consider that as being a bug. The function itself is useful for external sources, but it doesn't make sense that it switches the receiver into standby while I'm listening to the radio through it's internal tuner. What do you guys think?

Flow

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:19 pm

Your message has been forwarded to the appropriate representatives and department for further review and research. Thank you again for your input.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down