Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIVE MONTHS in warranty repair; and Onkyo is non-responsive

3 posters

Go down

FIVE MONTHS in warranty repair; and Onkyo is non-responsive Empty FIVE MONTHS in warranty repair; and Onkyo is non-responsive

Post  Bidno Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:13 pm

My Onkyo Tx-NR708 was delivered to a local Authorized Service Center for warranty repair on May 3. The local center attempted multiple repairs per Onkyo direction that did not fix the issue. The receiver was then sent to the regional Onkyo Service Center in Minnesota.

After several promises, the latest word from the regional center is that parts are back-ordered. If all goes well (and it repeatedly has not) the latest repairs won’t even begin till the unit has been under repair FIVE MONTHS.

On an Aug. 14 I spoke with Michael (Russo?) at Onkyo warranty support, and was finally told his manager okayed sending me a replacement -- but that my unit would have to be shipped from Minnesota to NJ before they could send the replacement. Michael said he would make these arrangements on Aug. 15. I have now been trying for over a week to confirm that arrangements were made and when I should expect the replacement. I have made multiple calls and left multiple messages requesting call backs.

It appears there is no end to my Kafkaesque experience in Onkyo warranty repair and service. I have made 30+ phone calls, spent umpteen hours on hold, been promised 12+ call backs that never happened and submitted mutiple email via the Onkyo site while my receiver has languished MONTHS in Onkyo's care.

My patience has ended. I am making this FINAL attempt to resolving this issue amicably with Onkyo.

Bidno

Back to top Go down

FIVE MONTHS in warranty repair; and Onkyo is non-responsive Empty FIVE MONTHS in warranty repair; and Onkyo is non-responsive

Post  Bidno Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:25 pm

No help for the desperate?

Bidno

Back to top Go down

FIVE MONTHS in warranty repair; and Onkyo is non-responsive Empty Re: FIVE MONTHS in warranty repair; and Onkyo is non-responsive

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:52 pm

Thank you for your message; will research and follow-up with you. I will also have the representative contact you as well. I will have a answer shortly as well.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

FIVE MONTHS in warranty repair; and Onkyo is non-responsive Empty Re: FIVE MONTHS in warranty repair; and Onkyo is non-responsive

Post  Bidno Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:11 pm

Thank you.

Bidno

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:04 pm

Please send your previous email correspondences and all pertinent documentation to the following email address (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com). I would like to have this resolved promptly. Please send before 5 PM EST.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bidno Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Thank you. Information sent per request.

Bidno

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:50 pm

I have forwarded your request to a Parts & Services Representative who will further process your "one-time warranty"/service ticket and also contact the service center of this warranty exception. The representative will be contacting you promptly via email/ phone call to advise you when and where you will need to have your unit serviced. Please contact me if you haven't received any correspondence after 2 business days from today's date; as I will further follow-up and expedite this further.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bidno Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:58 pm

My unit was delivered for Onkyo warranty repair on May 3 – it is NOW September 26! Yet another month and my Onkyo TX-NR709 receiver is starting its SIXTH month under Onkyo warranty repair.

Since Onkyo warranty support wouldn’t respond to emails or call-backs requests, I guess there’s little surprise they couldn’t find any record of their commitment on Aug. 14 to ship me a replacement unit.

Before disappearing, warranty support did send a tracking number showing replacement parts would be delivered to the repair center on Aug. 28. This was a lie. After calling again, again and again to get a status, I finally got an email suggesting I call ABL in Michigan (where unit was evidently shipped by local repair center).

ABL (who received unit in July) didn't show replacement parts scheduled to arrive until Sept. 19. They also noted my unit appeared to have surge damage. I don’t doubt this assessment, but as an engineer with extensive experience in electronics, I can tell you it didn’t happen on my watch. The unit was on high-grade surge protector; there were no electrical storms; and no other equipment was damaged (including a Blu-Ray, DVD, computers, etc.). Most likely a technician didn’t ground themselves during one of the multiple repairs attempts during the last five months. Geeze.

Well at least they agreed to honor warranty. My judgment on the original failure was a bad power relay. I understand this is the third circuit board replacement going into my unit and I can’t help but wonder if I’ll get back a repaired unit in worse shape than when submitted.

And, well, guess what? It’s now September 26 and the replacement parts from Onkyo (due on Sept. 19) have STILL not been received by ABL.

After 40+ phone calls, umpteen hours on hold, 12+ promised call backs that never happened, multiple emails, a false promises of replacement and false promises on delivery of replacement parts, I’m done.

Is there ANY other manufacturer who would leave a customer hanging for six months? Does Onkyo expect that its customers to consider this acceptable -- or even tolerable – service?

I’ve registered OnkyoSucks.com and, while waiting on Onkyo, will amuse myself by documenting Onkyo's sloooow, tortuous and Kafkaesque warranty repair experience -- and allowing others to share their experiences too. I’m confident I will have plenty of time before I see anything from Onkyo.

Bidno

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:25 pm

I will be researching this issue and have this escalated and will respond back to you shortly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention; and we apologize for this issue.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:51 pm

We are further investigating this issue and thank you again for the information you have provided. We are further reviewing the available options and will be contacting you promptly.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

FIVE MONTHS in warranty repair; and Onkyo is non-responsive Empty No

Post  Bidno Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:53 pm

Now SIX MONTHS under warranty repair with Onkyo -- and yet another broken promise. I would guess if the home theater collecting dust for SIX MONTHS belonged to Onkyo management, perhaps they would interested in resolving.

No matter. At least one half of this dysfunctional relationship keeps its promises. OnkyoSucks.com is now online. Everyone is welcome to post their own experiences and support resources. Tomorrow I'll be talking with my online retailer (yes, they're big) whether they should sell products from a company that won't stand behind them – and worse, lies to their customers.

Bidno

Back to top Go down

Post  D Bone Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:55 am

Wow, this is just terrible. If I were you, I would think about cutting my losses and looking for another receiver from a company that has some pride for its customers. I would have a hard time ever enjoying the receiver if I ever did get it back, because I would always remember how I was treated every time I powered it up. I too own a 709 and it's my 1st and last Onkyo product. I feel bad for you and your situation, hopefully you can afford another receiver. No

D Bone

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:11 pm

I have spoken with upper management about this issue and have some information regarding this issue. Please review your PM for further details.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down