Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remote 2 iPhone App Help

2 posters

Go down

Remote 2 iPhone App Help Empty Remote 2 iPhone App Help

Post  vladimir Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:51 pm

I have a TX-NR709 and have consistent problems with the iOS Remote 2 app.

My biggest issues:
+ Difficulty controlling NET source. When selecting NET, the app jumps back to the source selection screen rather than continuing on to network options. On other occasions, it will jump to the NET source currently in use (ex. Spotify) and respond with "Waiting Data".

+ Loss of connection with the receiver. I will succesfully be able to adjust the volume with the app in Zone 2. If I go back and try to adjust again, there is no response from the receiver. I need to select the device again in settings. Even that workaround is not always successful.

I generally restart the app on the iPhone whenever I turn on the receiver. Are there any settings on the receiver or app that I'm missing?

Thanks,
Vlad

vladimir

Back to top Go down

Remote 2 iPhone App Help Empty Re: Remote 2 iPhone App Help

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi vladimir,

There are no settings in the app. Have you tried to delete and reinstall the app or disconnect the either the ethernet cable or our UWF-1 (If you have it) then tried to reset the receiver? To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vladimir Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:36 pm

Yes, I have tried both. Resetting the receiver did not have any effect on the Remote 2 app performance. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app on the iPhone generally has the same effect as closing out of the app and restarting. I have on occasion been forced to reinstall the app when it no long recognizes the receiver even after closing out of the app and restarting.

To clarify: by closing out, I mean double clicking the home key, holding down the app bar until 'X's appear, then clicking on the 'x' for the Remote 2 app to close it.

Thanks,
Vlad

vladimir

Back to top Go down

Remote 2 iPhone App Help Empty Remote2 Workaround

Post  vladimir Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:53 am

I never got a response follow up response from Onkyo, but after a lot of patience and trial and error, I found a way to get around the shortcomings of the remote app when controlling the NET source. Hopefully this helps someone out.

The real problem: NET cannot be controlled from Zone 2 with the Remote2 app. The app behaves erratically when trying to control the NET source from Zone 2.

The workaround: Zone 1 and Zone 2 must both be set to NET source. Control of the NET from Zone 1 is predictable and consistent. Switch to Zone 2 only for volume control. Control the NET source from Zone 1.

Obviously this limits the listener to the same source in both zones. Hope this helps someone out.

vladimir

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down