Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR707 No Audio Sound

+6
fixerupprr40
Lombarski21
badonkyo
JNagarya
OnkyoUSA
mthangam
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TX-SR707 No Audio Sound - Page 2 Empty Re: TX-SR707 No Audio Sound

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:37 am

Tempus wrote:My 707 has had intermittent audio for over a year. I would simply play this power off-on cycle game and it eventually started working. This past weekend it appears to have finally failed completely. Until I went online to investigate, I had no idea how common an issue this was for this model. I have emailed my issue to 'parts at us dot onkyo dot com' but since my receiver is well over two years old at this point I have little faith there is anything Onkyo is going to do to help. I'm really hoping they do however because this is my second Onkyo product and really like the brand.

Hello Tempus;

Please also include all correspondence you have sent to the parts@us.onkyo.com email to the following email address: onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com. I will have this further evaluated and responded by the Parts & Services department.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tempus Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:43 am

Info sent...

Tempus

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Email forwarded to the appropriate representatives; will update you promptly.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cubby5358 Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Having the same problem with my TX-SR707. Followed their response to others and emailed the information to them last week and have had no response. Pitiful customer service. Also have to wait seven days to be able to post on this site after you register--what's up with that??

cubby5358

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:51 pm

cubby5358 wrote:Having the same problem with my TX-SR707. Followed their response to others and emailed the information to them last week and have had no response. Pitiful customer service. Also have to wait seven days to be able to post on this site after you register--what's up with that??

I have been scanning emails for any information from FORUM users and haven't recalled any emails resembling your forum username. If possible; please rsubmit all information and I will have this processed promptly. Thank you again for your time and cooperation.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cubby5358 Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:42 pm

I sent you two emails, checking to see you received them.

OnkyoUSA wrote:
cubby5358 wrote:Having the same problem with my TX-SR707. Followed their response to others and emailed the information to them last week and have had no response. Pitiful customer service. Also have to wait seven days to be able to post on this site after you register--what's up with that??

I have been scanning emails for any information from FORUM users and haven't recalled any emails resembling your forum username. If possible; please rsubmit all information and I will have this processed promptly. Thank you again for your time and cooperation.

Forum Moderator

cubby5358

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:32 pm

As previously asked; what is your email address and did you also include your forum username in the email so we can categorize your correspondence and begin processing your service ticket? I have NO emails referrring to your TX-SR 707; only a message regarding the 7 day waiting period for posting new threads and PMs on this forum? If you would please resend your sales receipt and information for yoru TX-SR 707- I can have this processed promptly.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-SR707 No Audio Sound - Page 2 Empty Same problem after 2 years and 1 month

Post  samanwar Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:49 am

I am having the exact same problem that scores of other people appear to be experiencing with the SR707 receiver. No sound from any devices. Initially a reset used to fix it, but now it doesn't work anymore.
Coincidentally, the problem started after 25 months of ownership (1 month after the warranty expired).
Most other posts online are saying that the problem appears to be caused by a faulty capacitor that react to accumulated heat from the board. Apparently it takes just over 2 years for that capacitor to go bad.
I am not going to send the unit for repair as I don't believe I should be paying for the repair cost even though I am past 2 years. You just don't pay $500+ for a receiver and expect it to last only 2 years of normal use.
This my last time ever buying an Onkyo product.

samanwar

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:14 am

samanwar wrote:I am having the exact same problem that scores of other people appear to be experiencing with the SR707 receiver. No sound from any devices. Initially a reset used to fix it, but now it doesn't work anymore.
Coincidentally, the problem started after 25 months of ownership (1 month after the warranty expired).
Most other posts online are saying that the problem appears to be caused by a faulty capacitor that react to accumulated heat from the board. Apparently it takes just over 2 years for that capacitor to go bad.
I am not going to send the unit for repair as I don't believe I should be paying for the repair cost even though I am past 2 years. You just don't pay $500+ for a receiver and expect it to last only 2 years of normal use.
This my last time ever buying an Onkyo product.

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding obtaining a one-time warranty and service agreement to have your receiver repaired. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services department to inquire about either having your receiver serviced since you are not under warranty. Please include the serial number of your unit and copy of sales receipt as well in your response. You will also need to submit a copy of your sales receipt via fax (201) 934-7823 or email: parts@us.onkyo.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for further processing of your service ticket and to contact the service center and await a response via phone or email. Please contact the department if you do not receive any information after 5 business days from submitting documentation. This deaprtment can provide more information and resolution.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator

OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cubby5358 Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:17 pm

I have already been contacted by Mike Watson and have sent my unit in for repair. Waiting to get it back.

OnkyoUSA wrote:As previously asked; what is your email address and did you also include your forum username in the email so we can categorize your correspondence and begin processing your service ticket? I have NO emails referrring to your TX-SR 707; only a message regarding the 7 day waiting period for posting new threads and PMs on this forum? If you would please resend your sales receipt and information for yoru TX-SR 707- I can have this processed promptly.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator

cubby5358

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:36 pm

We apologize for the issue you are experiencing with your receiver and hope the issue is resolved while in repair. Please update us on the results after repair.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2